Life 5-1 Chapter 14: The Calm

Start from the beginning

She was wearing a white, button-up top that reached down her hips with a small ribbon in the chest area, a dark-blue skirt that reached just above her knees and a white handbag. The ensemble accentuated her femininity well, seeming to make her a little more girly (not that she needed it).

Beaming at him, she asked. "What do you think?" She twirled for him, the skirt lifting a little and giving him a teasing glimpse of what laid underneath.

"C-cute. You look cute." Issei managed, lips going on autopilot as his mind shut down all other functions. Wa-was that really red or was that just a trick of the light?

Rias giggled at his reaction, stepping in front of a mirror and looking at it from behind. "Does it suit me?"

"Y-yeah it does! It suits you extremely well!" Issei managed to get out.

"Hm, well, I still want to see what the other one looks." She turned and glared at him. "No peeking!" She held up a threatening finger and jabbed it in front of his face.

"Y-yes ma'am." Issei said meekly.

Rias smiled, straightening up. "Wait here."

Issei looked around, seeing that the amount of hate thrown his way had increased by 36%. Let them hate, he had already won. Issei smirked, looking around as he boasted his achievement. His smile faded and his confident demeanor faltered as he saw a flash of something, quick enough that it was barely more than a blur, but Issei would never forget something like that.

A black snake encircling a triangle with a sun in the middle, swinging around the neck of a young woman who was sitting on one of the service chairs, head bobbing as she hummed a tune to herself.

Issei's eyes widened to the size of dinnerplates, the whites of his eyes nearly disappearing and his face had become paler, almost ashen.

And then a man walking from the opposite side passed him by, covering his vision for a few precious moments.

Issei stepped forward and pushed the people away, not bothering to apologize in his haste to prove whether what he saw was true or false.

"Hey-!" He finally managed to get past the passerbys who were now glaring at him, muttering about upstart teens. Issei ignored all of them, looking around everywhere, anywhere where someone could have hidden. He strode forward to where the woman had been sitting on, staring straight at it.

No way. There was no way that that was he had really seen...right?

"Issei! Where are you?"

Issei snapped himself out of his daze, shaking his head. He looked back, seeing Rias looking around, a pout on her face. He shook his head. "Here!" He yelled out, lightly jogging over to her.

"Where were you? Didn't I tell you to stay here?" She asked, glaring at him.

"Sorry sorry." Issei said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"As punishment, you have to treat me to lunch!" She said brightly, linking her arm through his.

"Sure." Issei sighed, relenting and letting himself be lead by

"And ice cream."

"Fine."

()()()()()()()()()