ch 5. mistakes

"I made a mistake.." a muffled voice seeped out from the bathroom, followed by a few sniffles. Footsteps circling around in the bathroom, bath and fourth, back and fourth.

Georges breath escapes his parted lips as he listens to his ex begging. His heart pounding again like the last time when he was with dream. He sat down on the side of the tub, clenching the toilet paper in his other hand that was damp with tears. George tried calming himself down to not wake his bestfriend in the bedroom.

"you want me back?" george asks, his voice cracked at the end, "are you serious?"

"please george, it was a mistake. I love you dearly!" the voice from the phone pleaded.

George bit his lips and chewed on the skin. He didn't know how to respond, he wants to get back together since he still had love for him. He thought back to dream, George shook his heads

'no, we're just friends and he's just a distraction...' George thought, tasting iron from his lip.

He smiled. He knew it was a mistake, he was happy.

"okay. I'll take you back" he chuckled, holding the phone to his chest, feeling his heartbeat pittering and pattering.

...

"what a shame..." Dream whispered in between his teeth.

Dream who was listening in on the whole conversation, he scoffed. He licked the top of his teeth and smirked. Dream rolled his eyes and stopped leaning on the door besides the bathroom. He made his way towards the door and covered his mouth from the gasps. Salty tears made their way down Dreams face, colliding with his hand.

Heartbroken, he leaves the house. And starts heading home with his hands in his pockets. He looked up at the sky and sighs, he watched the stars as he slowly walked home in the cold wind. His cheeks were rosy and stained by the tears, the wind harshly slapped dream and made his cheeks sting.

"I saw it coming... yet it still hurts" dream thought out loud.

Dream stopped in his tracks and whined, he had forgotten to get his car. He was so heartbroken that he pushed everything out of his mind. He groaned and sat on a bench that was nearby.

The night is deep, the silvery crescent in the sky is surrounded by small glowing dots in many places, they reflected off of dreams teary eyes. His vision blurred, but soon he could see again. He began to cry again. Oh how he felt so weak, he felt like he has been played with.

All he could think of was, why? Why not him, why did he choose him?

Dream was torn. He felt like his heart was ripped apart from him in his face. He cant see anything but garbage inside him, every breathe he takes feels heavy. The tears make him feel like he's drowning. His chest feels so much tighter, he feels so incredibly weak. His only love interest only sees him as a distraction.

He thinks back to a few hours ago, where george said he needed him, wanted him to stay. Maybe he overthinked it, no. George was just playing with his feelings, george doesn't love him.

Dream wiped his tears and grabbed his phone, dialing a number.

"hello?"

"sapnap, what was that place you suggested? The one with the girls." dream asked, trying not to sound like he had been crying since sapnap was the one who always pays attention to the tone of peoples voices.

"it's called a strip club idiot" sapnap scoffed, "and a gay one since youre a little fruity"

"whatever" dream smiled at sapnaps remark. Sapnap has a way that makes dream smile when he's down, whether sapnap knows it or not.

"have you been crying?" he asks, making dream cuss under his breath.

"howd you know?" he responded, with slight annoyance following.

"I just guessed" sapnap said, giggling.

"can we go tomorrow? to the strip club"

"of course dreamy poo" sapnap sighed, "you can't talk to me yknow, i'm here for you dream"

"I know sapnap, I know" dream assured his bestfriend of 9 years. He smiled and got up to walk home, still having sapnap on the phone to talk about his problems. He felt safe with sapnap and felt like he could tell him anything, no matter how illegal or how stupid.

....