Life 1-2 Chapter 2: Coincidence or Fate?

Start from the beginning

"So if I become a devil, then I would become a ladies man like he is? YEAH!"

"Women wouldn't like a pervert like you." Koneko's harsh words cut through Issei's rising hope, deflating him like a balloon.

"Low-Class devils can promoted you know. If you work hard enough, you'll be a High-Class devil and receive your own Evil Pieces and get your own peerage. Since you're their master, you can ask them to do anything you want." Akeno was the one who said that, once more raising Isse's hopes.

"Really? Then how do I get promoted?"

Rias was the one who answered.

"Today, a Devil can increase his rank in three ways. Contracts, Military Accomplishments, and the Rating Games. Contracts are Devil's doing the wishes of their clients. This includes having a lot of contracts or receiving high-quality ones. It is generally considered as the slowest method and is usually seen as a tradition. Military Accomplishments are just that, outstanding acts done in times of great crisis or situations. This is the fastest method, though it is pretty rare considering that the three factions is currently at a stalemate and the last conflict happened 20 years ago. The last method is the Rating Games. This is the most popular path to ascend the hierarchy. The Rating Game allows for Devils to test and show off their skills and abilities against each other in a controlled environment. Performing well will raise your reputation and will lead to promotion. Most devils think that this is the best method to raise your ranking."

"Now, are you ready to act as a devil?"

"Um, before I start, can I ask what kind of requests you do?"

"Hmmm, well, as a High-Class Devil myself, I usually don't get too many requests. The summoner's wish must be urgent enough to summon me. Because of that my requests usually concerns removing curses or defeat monsters attacking them."

"Akeno's clients are usually the bosses of companies, or rich wives. She does a lot of different work that consists of taking care of the stress of the people in high society."

"Koneko does a lot of simple work, from helping a client play a game or to cosplay for a photo shoot."

"Yuuto's request come from older women who want him to reduce their stress by doing things such as- Issei, are you alright?" Rias asked, concerned about the fact that Issei was trembling.

"THE HELL IS WITH YOU! IS THAT WHY YOUR'E SO POPULAR! YOU'RE GOOD LOOKING, HAVE A PRINCE-LIKE PERSONALTY AND YOU CAN EVEN COOK! YOUR'E THE KIND OF PERSON I WOULD'NT INTRODUCE MY GIRLFRIEND TO!"

Everyone stared at Issei during his rant.

Issei coughed, feeling awkward now that they were staring at him.

"Well, now that you're a temporary devil, you can start by giving these summoning circles to those who may want to summon us.

As Issei stared at the stack of papers, he only had one thought.

The path to being a High-Class devil sure is long.

()()()()()()()()(Flashback End)()()()()()()()()()()()()

And so, here he was now, riding his bike to a contractor who wanted Koneko, who was unfortunately busy managing her other of that, Rias thought that this was the perfect opportunity to introduce him to the world of Devils. He stared at the apartment of his first contractor. He felt oddly nervous. He walked up to the door and knocked on it. A few seconds later, the door opened revealing a man with long hair and glasses. He pretty much looked like an otaku should, with an unshaven face, unkempt hair, and basically looked like he had no regard for his appearance. He opened his mouth to greet him, but before he could even get the first syllable out, the man slammed the door in his face.