Chapter 91: Wedding Part 1

Heidi's POV

"You wanna come up and... watch a movie or something? I know it's kinda late. It's fine if you wanna go home and crash." I said to Vince as our car pulled up in front of my apartment.

"Not sick of me yet?" He said with a smile.

"I think I might could deal with you for an hour or two more... tops." I said laughing and trying to shake off the nerves that were starting to build up inside me.

It'd been a great couple days back home. He'd turned the bad boy rockstar persona off and had really been a perfect gentleman. He might've overdone it just a little... he kept pulling my chair out, holding doors open, and I don't even think I heard him swear once.

It kinda made me laugh, but it was cute to see him trying so hard to impress my parents. And they'd absolutely loved him. Him and my dad had planned a fishing trip and my mom was already asking me when we could go wedding dress shopping... I told her not to hold her breath, Vince didn't strike me as the marrying type... but I wasn't entirely sure if I was either...

Anyways, the whole trip had made me realize how badly I wanted us to actually be together again. And I decided that as soon as we got back to LA, I was gonna tell him how I felt. And now that it was here, my heart was practically beating out of my chest.

I unlocked the door and walked in, with Vince behind me. Just as he shut the door, I swiveled around on my heels to face him and he looked down at me with a curious expression.

"Vince... I... I wanna tell you something." I said, with a mix of excitement and anxiousness in my voice.

"What... too tired for a movie? If all you wanted was for me to sleep over you could've just asked." He said with a wink, starting to walk over to my bedroom.

"Vince!" I scolded, grabbing him by the hand and pulling him back toward me. I smacked him on the chest playfully before I started speaking again.

"I'm serious! Well... it's serious, I mean." I said as I watched his eyebrows pin together in confusion.

"I want-" I started to say before the sound of my phone ringing cut me off mid-sentence.

I huffed and walked over to the phone, wondering who the hell was calling me so late.

"Hello?" I said aggravatedly.

"Heidi, is Vince with you?? I've been calling his phone, I really need to talk to him." Tommy said on the other end.

I would've been annoyed... but there was a sense of urgency in Tommy's voice and it was the day before his wedding, so I held the phone out in my hand and told Vince it was for him.

"For me?" He asked, stepping forward and putting it to his ear.

...

"Woah, woah, woah... slow down."

...

"Yeah... relax dude."

...

"Alright... I'll be right there." He said as he hung up the phone. I felt my heart sink a little when I heard that, everything I had planned for the night ruined in four words.

"What's wrong??" I asked nervously.

"Nothin', he's just having cold feet."