35~ hoonie

HEESUNG POV

I walked through the hallway, peeking inside all the practice rooms in search for Soojin.

It's been well over her scheduled time with Jake.
Did something happen?

Beginning to feel uneasy, I increased my speed through the halls and soon came across one with the door still open.

Without hesitating, I quickly ran into the room and met with a saddened sight.

"Jake?"

The boy was sprawled out onto the floor next to the couch and was visibly in distress.

"Hyung!" he cried locking his eyes with mine.

Instantly, I ran to the boy and embraced him in a hug.

"Shhhh it's okay."

Despite all the beef we've had the last few months, I can't deny the fact that I love the boy. No matter what happens, I'm still his hyung and I need to protect him.

"She remembers everything." he spoke, sobbing into my chest.

"S-she what?"

In disbelief of his words, my mind went running at different thoughts.

She remembers?
That means...

"She remembers me hyung. She remembers me."

The boy looked up at me with a slight smile on his face, however it quickly died when he spoke again.

"But she remembers the night. Everything I said, how much I hurt her-"

The boy cried even harder, unable to finish his sentence.

"Shh it's okay..."

I pulled him into my chest again and gently soothed his back. As I processed his words,
I began to stir up mixed feelings.

I guess it's all over now.

No more Soojin as my girlfriend.

A part of me was happy I didn't have to live a lie anymore, but the other was devastated that Soojin wouldn't be mine.

"Hyung, she won't forgive me will she?" the sobbing boy spoke in defeat.

I took a deep breath before wiping the boy's tears with my hand.

"If you really love her, you'll find a way to win her heart again," I spoke honestly.

"And if she really loves you, she'll be willing to try."

•••

SUNGHOON POV

Some of the members and I were chilling in the cafe as we waited for the others.

"Where the hell is Jake, Heesung and Soojin?" asked Jay as he eyed the hallway.

"They probably went overtime with their practice." I spoke, knowing well that was not the case.

Heesung, Jake, you better not hurt her.

Feeling an inevitable feeling of concern rise up within me, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"They'll be fine. They're not stupid." spoke Jungwon as he gripped my shoulder.

"I'm not too sure about that. You know what love does to people." I replied sighing.

The younger boy nodded, removing his hand from my shoulder.

"I guess all we can do is hope Soojin makes the right decision from here on. Things are gonna get rough." he spoke opening a packet of chips.