5 ~ puppy boy

A few days had past and I was thoroughly enjoying my private sessions with Hyunsik.

"Five, six, seven, eight..." counted the man as he intently monitored my performance.
I tried my best to move my figure as accurately I could to match the girl idols in the video, but somehow I just couldn't embody their naturally cute concept.

"Okay stop," Hyunsik pointed the controller to the speaker and paused the music before speaking,
"I need you to loosen up and be more natural with you facial expressions. You need to smile more and find different ways to appeal your aegyo."

I groaned as I slumped onto the ground, defeated after hearing of my inability to improve.

Why can't I get it right?
How do they make it look so easy?

Soon after Hyunsik approached me on the floor and sat down next to me.

"Soojin, don't beat yourself up." he cooed warmly.
"I've noticed that you perform extremely well with girl crush concepts and boy performances, but it's just the cute concepts that you will need to work on."

I puffed out a heavy gust of air as I wiped the sweat of my dripping forehead.

"I just find it so uncomfortable and cringey acting all cute while performing." I sighed feeling worn out.
"I don't know how to overcome it."

Hyunsik looked at my down expression and clicked his tongue.

"You know I find it really interesting that it's normally the boys who find it difficult to pull of cute concepts and the girls who are aces at it." he laughed.

"Not helping." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright, alright. But it can also be a really big advantage for you. From what I saw during the auditions, most of the girls' strengths were in cute concepts, so if you are able to really nail the girl crush concepts and possibly boy group performances, you could really stand out."

His words cheered me up a little as felt more hopeful in my strength as a tom-boy. If I work hard on my strengths, it could possibly bring me all the way into the debut group.

At around 9:30 pm, Hyunsik left the practice room to go back to his family.
I continued to re-watch the Oh my girl performance of 'Dolphin'.

"The moves are so easy but why do I look like robot when I try it?" I whined as I laid on the ground in exhaustion.

"Let's try again."

gapjagi useumyeo eolgureul bulssuk dagaon dwi
weoneul galla hateureul geuryeo
tto mulborareul ireukyeo
da da da da da da da da da da
da da da da
tto mulborareul ireukyeo
da da da da da da da da da da
da da da da
tto mulborareul ireukyeo

My eyes tried their best to make an appealing face but as soon as I saw myself in the mirror I fell to the ground in embarrassment.

"Agh!"

I whimpered as I kicked the air and rolled my body all over the hard shiny floor.
As I was having my seizure I heard a faint giggle from behind the practice room's door.
As I lifted my head, I locked eyes with a boy maybe a few years older than me, peeking his head through the small window in the door. He was smiling cheekily as he stared at me with round chocolatey orbs.

I grinned as I realised that his soft facial features strongly resembled a puppy.

After being sucked into his void like eyes, I soon was pulled back to reality when I realised,

What the heck is this boy doing watching me practise?

The reaction was mutual as the boy soon snapped out of his trance and quickly sped off out of sight from the doors' window.
I stood up and quickly ran to the door to see if I could catch him but to my surprise, he had already disappeared down the hall.

What an strange boy.
I've never seen someone look so much like a puppy before.
Haha cute.
Puppy boy.

I soon shrugged off the encounter and returned to the centre of the room where I resumed my strenuous practising.