33~ practice

JUNGWON POV

"Soojin-ah!"

My heart warmed as I watched the young girl skip towards my direction.

"Jungwonnie~ how are you?" she spoke sounding unintentionally adorable.

"I'm good! Are you ready for your practice with us today?" I asked smiling at her.

The girl scrunched her nose cutely as she looked to the ground.

"To be honest, I'm a really nervous..." she spoke quietly.

I chuckled at her words as I reached to pat her head.

"Aw don't be nervous. We'll take good care of you!" I reassured stroking her head gently.

The girl smiled weakly and muttered a quiet 'thank you', before bidding her goodbye and heading into the practice room.

Poor Soojin.
It must be hard being in her situation.

Hopefully Jake and Heesung can keep their cool and not make things worse for her...

I let out a loud exhale before following after the girl and entering the practice room.

•••

SOOJIN POV

"There she is!" announced Sunoo dramatically as I entered the room.

I scoffed at him as the other members turned around to face me.

"Soojinnnnn-ah I missed you!" cried Niki as he ran up to me and engulfed me into a hug.

I returned his hug and soon the other boys followed to greet me.

"Ah my favourite trainee is back." spoke Jay as he approached me and ruffled my hair.

"Hey actually she's MY favourite." growled Sunoo as he snatched me out of Niki's arms.

"You little-"

The three boys erupted into a quarrel as I laughed and subtly pulled myself away from them.

I looked around the room and caught the sight of one boy standing alone in the corner.

His face was dull and swollen as he sucked himself into the void of his phone.

Holy crap is he okay???

Heavily concerned for the boy, I quickly rushed over to him.

"Heesung oppa! What's wrong?" I asked lifting his head up to meet his gaze.

My heart sank as his face revealed his red puffy eyes and saddened expression. I felt myself almost gasp as I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Heesung...talk to me..." I cooed into his ear, stroking his back softly.

There was nothing but silence for a few minutes before I felt the boy's breath hitch.

"Soojin-ah...I'm so sorry." he sobbed quietly into my shoulder.

Feeling my heart break into pieces, I pulled myself closer to the boy. Despite the mixed feelings I've had lately, I can't stand seeing the boy in pain.

"Why are you sorry? Don't be like this." I spoke feeling my eyes water.

The crying boy pulled himself out of my embrace and lifted his head to make eye contact with me.

"Soojin, I need to tell you somethi-" The boy was cut off when there was a sudden loud yell.

"Oi Soojin, Heesung! Jake and Sunghoon are here, we can start now." called Jungwon, gesturing for us to gather with the rest.