2~ man in black

I squinted my eyes as I looked up at the building sign.

BigHit Entertainment

What am I doing? Where did I get the balls to do this?
Aish.
No Soojin it's fine just see if they're legit then leave.

A big breath heaved from my chest as I closed my eyes and pushed opened the heavy glass door.
I peeked my head in and to my surprise I found myself engulfed in a hoard of gorgeous girls pacing back and forth. Some were angelically singing their vocal chords out whilst others were fiercely strutting some dance moves.

Whilst still taking in the unfamiliar ambience, I made my way to a table at the back of the hall where sat a woman and a familiar man in black.

"Hello," I bowed respectfully,
"I was approached my someone yesterday and was given your business card, may I know what your company is about?"

The womans' eyes brightened as something clicked in her mind,
"Ah so you were scouted?" she chimed,
"You are our first scouted auditionee for today's audition call."

What? Auditionee? I did not sign up to audition. What am I supposed to do?

The man in black noticed my panic and kindly pulled me aside to speak with me.

"I'm so glad you came. I was waiting to see if you would come."

I looked at the man in confusion before recognising him as the man I bumped into and invited me to come here in the first place.

"I have a feeling you are not really familiar with this kind of thing?" he asked with a genuine smile, fiddling with his pen.

"Not really, I just wanted to visit your company since I was very intrigued." I replied honestly.

"Ah is that so. Well would be so kind to let me take a few minutes of your time to have a chat with you to maybe change your mind?" he insisted,
"You see we could never pass up on someone with your naturally beautiful visual."

What the actual heck.

I choked. My eyes were so wide they almost popped.

What on earth is this guy seeing. His vision isn't doing shit for him.

Without waiting to hear a word from me, the man led me into a quiet room away from the tense energy outside.
There was a small glass table and two chairs on either side, sparkling from how expensive it looked. We sat down and I watched as the man opened his mouth to speak.

"So first of what is your name?"
"Park Soojin."
"How old are you?"
"Sixteen."
"Are you Korean?"
"Yes, but I lived in Australia since I was three."
"Oh. So are you on vacation here?" he asked worriedly.
"No, I moved here just a few days ago."
He hummed as he scribbled onto his notepad.

"Do you have any experience in sing, dance or rap?"
"No."
"Song producing?"
"No."
He head tilted a few degrees before writing again, however this time more hesitant than previously.

"Do you have any hobbies?"
"Yes, I actively play basketball and play guitar."
"And finally, Park Soojin, would you have any interest in partaking in our upcoming survival show I-LAND Season 2?"

Once again.
I choked.

Survival show? What the hell is that?
Why does it sound like the fricking Hunger Games?

It was as if he read my mind, he put down his pen and crossed his arms.

"A survival show is essentially a competition based show, where applicants will compete in various rounds of tests along with intense training to win the hearts of viewers and producers." he stated almost like it he had read it from a textbook,
"By the end of the show, the most popular applicants chosen by viewers and producers, will debut as a K-pop group under our sub-company, BELIFT LAB."

I listened attentively as I carefully processed each word spoken.

"I-LAND Season 2 will be the sequel to season 1 which produced the group 'ENHYPEN'. Unlike last season this season will be strictly girls only. All other aspects of the show will remain the same."

"But I can't even sing or dance?" I admittedly spoke feeling inferior.
"That is usually the case with scouted trainees," he smiled,
"But don't worry, as we will provide you with sufficient training that will boost you up to the level of the others."

After hearing his words, I felt more at ease. However I suddenly snapped out of my conscience when I realised that I was actually starting to consider going through with this.

"Um, thank you so much for your time, but I still don't think I'm cut out for this type of thing."

The man took a deep sigh before locking eyes with me intently.

"I rarely ever do this with anyone, however I can't help but see your potential in this industry." he breathed pleadingly,
"I get that everything is new, especially since you are mainly a foreigner, but please consider auditioning. I will be sure to let them know of your lack of experience and situation living alone at a young age."

I couldn't help but crack at the sight of the kind man practically begging me to audition for something I can't even do.
I mean, auditioning can't hurt can it? I doubt the judges would even consider me after seeing what I can do.

"Okay. I will do it. I will audition."

The older man jumped out of his seat and threw his hand in the air. Cheering in pure delight.

"You will not regret this Soojin," he beamed as he frantically shook my hand,
"Call me if you need anything,"
He reached for his back pocket and fished out a card with his name and number on it.

Cho Hyunsik
0452 854 852

He skipped outside the door and left me in the room feeling lost and in shock.