17~ ippeo ippeoyo

Time quickly passed, as it was soon the day of our second I-LAND test.
I tapped my foot restlessly against the floor as I stayed still for my make-up to be done.

"You have the most perfect skin Soojin!" complimented the older lady as she gently patted the soft cushion pad onto my cheeks.

"Ah thank you." I giggled slightly bowing at her.

"Are you nervous for your performance today?" she questioned as she picked up another make-up brush, sweeping it across her hand.

Yes.
Very nervous.
This was the most nervous I've ever been for a performance.

"Just a little." I replied gesturing a small space with my fingers.
She laughed at my action.

"Of course. As expected of the ace!"

My smile subtly faded after hearing her words.

There it goes again.
The word that makes my toes crinkle.

Ace.

I sighed as I slowly found myself lost in my thoughts.
Like I've said many times before, as much as I'm so truly grateful to be known as the ace on the show, I can't help but get anxious from the constant pressure.
The expectations everyone has had on me ever since I arrived here has slowly been eating me up alive.

For the past few weeks, I've spent restless nights sobbing in bed, fearing one day I'd mess up and let everybody down.
It's so pathetic that I can't just enjoy the benefits of being looked up to by everyone. Like Jake once said, the other applicants on the show would do just about anything to have my title.

Even still, why are my negative thoughts overbearing the good ones?

I don't deserve being called the ace.
I don't deserve all the praises from the producers.
I don't deserve all the friends I've made.

I don't deserve to even be in the I-LAND.

My self-degrading thoughts soon came to a halt when the make-up artist did her finishing touches.

"Okay Soojin, you are ready to get dressed now."

I nodded at the lady and politely bowed before getting up from the chair.

•••

MISUN POV

I watched in envy as the small girl sat at the make-up chair being showered with praise from the lady painting her face.
I crossed my arms in frustration as I clicked my tongue.

Park fucking Soojin.

That girl thinks she has the show wrapped around her finger doesn't she.

Well, I don't think so.

I'll show her what happens when you steal the spotlight away from Kim Misun.

I smirked devilishly as I strutted my way into the dressing room.
I scanned the clothing racks with a beady eye before landing my eyes upon the rack in the back corner.

TEST 2 PERFORMANCE OUTFIT
PARK SOOJIN

I felt the corners of my lips widen into a smirk as I stepped my way to the rack.
Looking behind my shoulder to see if anyone was around, I quickly fished out a pair of scissors from my pocket.

Let's see how much of an ace you really are, Park Soojin.

•••

ILAND POV