Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

"It'll be okay," Taehyung had said, "he may be gone physically but he will always be here—" he pointed to Hanseok's heart before wiping the boy's tears with his thumbs and giving him a warming kiss on the forehead.

He could only hope that Hanseok would forgive him for waiting so long to tell him where Jungkook was.

The news of Jungkook's death affected Hanseok greatly; his personality became gloomy and he didn't act the way he used to. Taehyung let him visit Jungkook's grave as much as he wanted to and he took the girls sometimes as well. He called off the classes Hanseok had to take to prepare for his future throne so Hanseok could focus more on moving past Jungkook's death.

Taehyung didn't think he would, but he did — they both did. It took two years, but things began to get better for them emotionally. Hanseok finally reunited with his old friends and Taehyung was grateful for that as it seemed to take the boy's mind off the depressing atmosphere he formed around himself. Taehyung himself also befriended two people: Kim Seokjin — his royal advisor, Park Jimin — a prince who moved into his kingdom and his husband, Jung Hoseok. King Heechul and Queen Momo visited now and then with Emiri. Taehyung heard the constant teasing Hanseok got from his friends when he and Emiri hung out together but Taehyung could see something cute blossoming between the two. His son was eleven, he never really cared if Hanseok started dating by then and he wouldn't mind if his son's first girlfriend were to be Kim Emiri.

Despite being so close in age, Hana and Haeun didn't get along as much as Taehyung wished they did. He hoped as they grow older, they would become closer. When Haeun turned two, she was finally properly introduced to the kingdom as the next heir to the throne. This would be the first time in four generations where the Jeon successor would be a female. And people celebrated, they were confident she would learn well from Taehyung. Their celebration made the small bit of distrust Taehyung still had against the kingdom fly out the window — finally, things were settling into place.

And now, it's been exactly eight years since Jungkook's passing.

Hanseok was now a big, handsome sixteen-year-old who was fully aware of his future duty as a king. He was tall, almost a head over Taehyung at only fifteen with a good physique that he works on religiously. His jet black, curly hair fit well with his naturally tan skin and he wore a bright smile almost every day. His eyes became rounder as they used to be sharp and his jawline was becoming more prominent as the days went by.

When he had time from his classes and living his own teenage life, he followed closely behind Taehyung to take mental notes to make sure he'd be the best king his people would have when it's time. He has visited the Lee kingdom before which would be officially changed to Kim once he's taken the throne from the temporary holder. Luckily, he grew to look more like Taehyung than Dongwook whose name was never uttered under their roof. Despite their rocking beginning, Hanseok somehow became the proud boyfriend of 'uncle' Heechul and 'auntie' Momo's daughter, Emiri, who would, hopefully, take her title as Queen Emiri during Hanseok's coronation.

Taehyung knew they'd end up together eventually.

Hana and Haeun managed to mend their rocky relationship and now tend to consider themselves twins as Hana is only a few months older. Of course, being the same age and having similar interests caused many fights but they managed to become each other's best friends.

If Jungkook were a female, Haeun would be his carbon copy. They looked just alike and Taehyung noticed they acted similarly as well. She had long black hair that she kept dyed blonde underneath (because she liked pulling it into a bun so the bottom is black and the bun is blonde). She had pale skin like Jungkook and big eyes. Even her teeth were the same as Jungkook's — it was mind-blowing for Taehyung at least to see how much his late husband and their daughter looked alike. He made sure to remind her every day which seemed to get on her nerves more and more.