chapter twenty-one

This chapter has a special guest star, but in this book, the special guest star isn't famous. It's a little bit of a fan fiction. Hope you guys like it.

- sincerely Olivia Barron 14

*Morning rush again!*

I woke up and looked at the clock. It was eight nineteen!!! We were late for school! Again! I went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and applied deoderent. I fixed up my hair and ran downstairs to find my brother tieing his shoes. He looked really stressed," I was just gonna go get you, come on, we're late." Said Mike grabbing a granola bar and taking a huge bite out of it. I grabbed my back pack, my brown leathered jacket, and a granola bar. And we were on our way to school.

We arrived at school and my brother actually dropped me off at the office. I ran to the office and sighned myself in. I then went to my first hour. I opened the door and closed the door behind me. Everyone looked at me. Kasidy giggled to herself. I walked over to my seat and made a slight smile at AJ. AJ smiles at me. Then i looked at Spencer. My teacher walks up to me," late, are we Ms. Horan?" Asked my teacher," I over slept, sorry?" I said. He walked back up to the board and continued his lesson. I look at Spencer and he smirks at me. I smile at him, then we go back to the lesson. It was Friday. Finally! After class Spencer walked up to me,"Hey cutie." He said grabbing my books for me. He walks me to my next class and hands me my books,"Have a nice time in class." He said,"You too, hopefully they don't torcher you too much." I said then we both laugh. Spencer walks away, I stare at him as he walks away to his next class.

*Gym*

i fogot my clothes at home, so i had to sit out. I went to the bleachers and watched everyone play dodge ball. It was just like watching the hunger games. I was redoing some work from math class, when out of no where a dodge ball hits me in my nose,"Ouch!" I shoute,"Sorry." Said AJ,"I meant to hit Alan, he's a fast one." Said AJ,"It's okay." I said then went back to my work.

*After gym*

I walked outside and waited for Spencer. After a few more minutes of waiting, Spencer still didn't come out. Everyone was now leaving, and Spencer still didn't come out. I went back inside and tried to find him. I walked around and went into the gym. I walk into the gym, to find him in the corner, kissing Kasidy. I wanted to cry. I reached into my bag and took out my water bottle. I walked over to them, opening my water bottle. I pore the water on Spencer, Spencer looks at me scared,"Maddie this isn't what it looks like, i swear, she-"

"I don't care Spencer, you two obviously belong together!" I shouted angrily,"No, Maddie, i wanna be with you!" Said Spencer,"I can't!" I said walking away from him, he pulls my arm and stops me,"Maddie no, i wanna be with you-"

"HOW COULD YOU!" I shouted angrily. Spencer looks at me with somber eyes. I started to sob,"you don't understand." He said crying,"We're done! Don't you ever talk to me!" I shouted then ran out the door.

I ran away sobbing. I didn't know where to go, but i just kept on running. I ran to the park and sat at a bench. I was crying to myself, wondering how could all of this happen to me? I really liked Spencer, and i thought he really liked me. I was soo sad and mad! Out of nowhere a basketball hits me in the face,"Really, this is really happening to me?" I said angrily,"I'm so sorry." Said a boyish voice. I look up and see a tall boy. His brown hair flowing through the wind, his beautiful hazel eyes gleaming in the sunlight. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and some green jordans. He looked really hot!

"Well are you gonna answer me, or are you gonna just stare at me?" Asked the guy

"Sorry, um...i don't know your name." I said the he laughed. His laugh was truly beautiful,"Shawn...Shawn Mendes, and sorry again...i don't know your name." He said making me laugh,"Maddie...Maddie Horan." I said,"Nice to meet you beautiful." He said smiling. Showing his maginifcent dimples,"Nice to meet you." I said wipeing my puffy eyes," Have you been crying?" Asked Shawn,"Yeah." I said,"No..your too cute to be sad." He said making me laugh,"Wanna talk about it?" He asked,"I don't know you." I said wipeing my eyes again,"How about we get to know each other, by ice cream, my treat." Said Shawn smiling at me. I pondered for a moment,"Sure." I said,"Let's go." He said grabbing my bag for me and walking me to ice cream place in town.

We got to the ice cream place. Shawn opens my door for me and i walk in. I got choclate chip mint, and shawn got choclate chip mint too, apparently he likes that flavor too. We sat at  the table that was right next to the big window," So?" Asked Shawn,"So?" I asked,"Man you're too frickin cute." He said take a bite out of his ice cream,"Shut up." I said licking my ice cream cone,"So, what's your favorite movie?" He asked,"Hunger games, you?" I asked,"Fast and furious." He said,"I think my friend Nikki would like you." I said making a quick laugh,"Ouch." Said Shawn,"What?" I asked,"I obviously like you, and you're trying to get me to go out with your friend?" Said Shawn,"You like me?" I asked,"Your too cute you know." Said Shawn taking another bite of ice cream,"Thanks, i guess, where do you go to school?" I asked,"um, coast side high school, I'm in 8th grade, you?" He asked," I'm in 7th and I play basketball." I said," nice an athletic girl." He said making me laugh. I remembered that i had to text my mom and brother, so they knew where i was,"Hold on just a sec, i gotta text my mom." I said,"that's fine." He said,"I'm gonna order a soda, do you want one?" He asked,"Sure, thanks." I said. He smiles at me then walks up to the cash register. He was so nice to me.

Hey mom, i'm eating ice cream with one of my friends. I just wanted you to know.

I texted

Okay honey, don't stay out too long honey.

Texted my mom

I won't thnx mom, love you

I texted

Love you too

Texted my mom

Shawn came back with two sodas,"I hope you like pepsi." Said Shawn," I love Pepsi." I said then took a sip.

*two hours later*

For the past two hours, Shawn and i have been getting to know each other. He's soo sweet and funny. He walked me home,"Can i use your phone for a sec." He asked,"Sure i said unlocking my phone and handing it to him. After he clicked a few buttons, he then took a picture of himself,"Here's my number, in case you wanna talk about your jerk of an ex." He said making me laugh. I saved his number,"Can i use your phone for a sec?" I asked. He unlocked his phone and gave it to me. I put my number in his phone and took a picture of myself,"Here's my number, if you wanna shoot some hoops some time." I said handing him his phone. He smiled,"See ya around beautiful." Said Shawn,"Bye Shawn." I said waving goodbye to him as he left.

I went to my room and took a nap. Today was horrible, yet awesome, i met this new guy who was soo nice, funny, and really hot! I was soo sad, mad, and happy. Then i hear a buzz from my phone. I open my eyes, and i was excited, hoping it was Shawn. But then i'm dissapointed to see that it was Spencer.

Madds, we need to talk!

Texted Spencer.

I took a deep breath

Hello?

Texted Spencer

There's nothing to talk about! You cheated, we're done! So just leave me alone!

I texted

Kasidy kissed me, i didn't kiss her, i like you Maddie!

Texted Spencer. I didn't know what to text.

Please think about us more, i don't want us to end like this. : (

Texted Spencer

This made me wanna cry. I turned off my phone and cried myself to sleep. I was soo confused. Shawn is nice and funny, but Spencer drives insane. But i just met shawn, and i can't get him out of my mind. I don't know what to think right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhh! Cliffhanger! Yaya! What do you guys think, should Maddie be with Spencer or Shawn?

Speddie?

Or

Mawn?