Part 1

AN: This takes place after Civil War, the dust had settled, the Accords were amended and The Avengers are a family again.

All mistakes are my own, I don't own any of the Marvel characters only Megan.

Chris Evan - Steve Rogers

Sebastian Stan - Bucky Barnes (with short hair)

Alex Parsons/The Loch Ness Monster - Michael Fessender 

His Obsession

1.

Megan

Waking up to the annoying sound of my alarm I realise that I am never going to get used to getting up. It could be three in the afternoon, but I will not want to get up. I sleep so little and so sporadically that waking up and getting up is just the worst. But hey, new day and all that..ha who am I kidding, today will most likely be a complete waste of time.

I'm a free-lance technical physiotherapist and analyst to give me my real title. Though most days I feel like my real title should just be lonely bitch, it seems to fit better. What it means is that I'm a physio therapist who specialises in tech enhanced therapy treatment for injured war vets as well as counselling. A patch up their bodies and try to fix their minds as well kind of thing. I got my qualifications, through less than proper channels, but so far no one has noticed and now I skip from company to company taking on a few cases. I work them through physio and rehabilitation, sometimes using technological advance treatments to help physically while giving counselling as we go along. I like it, I can give back and be of use to someone. And it means I can hide.

I would love to join a big company and push myself, but staying small and independent keeps me off the radar. Keeps me safe. It's mainly my fairy godbitch's idea. Hence the reason I'm in New York and not London which is where I belong, hence the reason I have the smallest apartment in the world, hence the fact that I have a Kilmer Rimfire semi automatic 22 caliber hand gun secured under the draw of my night stand and 3 passports and 5 grand in cash in the bottom of my small handbag/backpack with a burner phone. You know, just in case my horrible life choices catch up with me.

Today however, I have a new client given to me through the agency I use. Claudette the agency nurse was full of praise for the guy I'm going to see today. Recently injured during a firefight, ended up dead dropping i.e. no parachute from high altitude causing him paralysis in his legs. The accident was almost six months ago and he has apparently shown little progress, guess that's the reason they have called in a specialist to work with advanced tech.

I put on my favourite comfy black jeans, a flowy green top that shows off one shoulder, but only the right shoulder, no one sees the left one and the scars there. Or the right side of my stomach, my left thigh and my lower back. My clothes always covers my scars, some days I can almost fool myself they are not there.

Finally boots, I love these boots, that are a little like cowboy boots, it more feminine and plain black leather with a little wedge heel. I'm not your supermodel type, or any type really, I'm a size 14 to 16ish in old money, 5.3 and seventeen thousand tons of long chestnut hair that on most days has a mind of it's own. I don't wear make up, don't like it and I try not to draw attention to myself as much as possible. Slinging my leather jacket on over the top I grab my bike helmet and secure my bag on my back. I scan the apartment quickly, everything is turned off and looks like no one of interest lives here. Just how I like it.

The bike is my baby, I don't have a cat or a child and I don't do relationships or boyfriends, so this is my love. A Ducati, matt black with a top speed that would make your eyes water. Again, the Fairy Godbitch had something to do with it, or more like it was a condition of living in New York, no bike no New York, no bike no cooperation from me! And anyways, cars took too long and if I needed to get away, this was going to get me away in a blind hurry.