Chapter 3: After Party

*This chapter contains talk of alcohol just as a warning for anyone!*

Izzy's POV

Darcy and I went to our own rooms as soon as we got home. I needed to get this pound of makeup off my face ASAP and take a nap. As soon as my head hit that pillow I was out like a light.

After what seemed like only 5 minutes of gracious sleep, there was a loud knock at my door followed by Darcy barging into my room.

"Izzy what the hell are you doing?! Why aren't you getting ready? The party starts in an hour." Darcy questioned while setting down four different outfits on my bed.

"What are those?" I asked, pointing to the pile. "And I'm not going, I just agreed in the parking lot so my mom would get off my ass about it. You know partying isn't my thing Darc."

She sat down next to me on the bed, "Look I know it's difficult to put yourself back out there but it's been years Iz. Not every guy is like Nathan." She pats my knee before getting up and moving towards my closet. "Besides I'll be there by your side the whole night. Scout's honor." She promised while doing some weird solute thing.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to babysit me. I can handle myself. I just don't want to hold you back because I'm unsure if I'll ever be ready to put myself out there again."

She looked at me like I was a lost puppy she found walking on the side of the street. "You know I don't feel like that. I just want you to be happy and embrace how totally badass and beautiful you are. You know there will be a ton of guys at the party tonight lining up just to get your attention." She throws a pair of jean shorts and a crop top at me. "Try this on! This top would look so cute on you."

I sighed as I got up off the bed and took the clothes from her hands. "I appreciate the hype man energy you've got going right now but as my best friend you're kind of obligated to say those things about me. It doesn't mean that everyone else will be thinking that. They all think I'm the freaky quiet girl who never leaves her apartment. I'm a freak show to these people."

I stepped into the bathroom to change and look in the mirror. I'll admit Darcy's taste in clothes is good. It's definitely not my normal attire but I like it. It's not super bold but definitely a step up from my normal leggings and sweatshirt go to. I quickly put on some makeup, going for a natural look so just adding some foundation and mascara. I walk out of the bathroom and over to my closet to grab my nike air force 1s.

I turn around to get Darcy's opinion, "So what do you think? Does it look okay?" I asked her looking down at my outfit, suddenly nervous that I was over confident in how I looked.

"YOU LOOK HOT" Darcy screamed and then ran over to my jewelry box and started rummaging through it. "Why are you destroying my jewelry box like a mad woman?" I questioned her. "Where's that gold arrow necklace Rose got you for Christmas last year?" She asked. I grabbed it off my sink in the bathroom and held it up to her with a questionable look. "Yes that will look perfect, really complete the outfit." She says while motioning me to put it on.

After I put it on we both stand in my full length mirror together. Wow we looked good.

Izzy's outfit