What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Start from the beginning

Addison is still crying. "I'm sorry."

"Get, get me some gauze. Get me some gauze."

Addison is still crying and hands over some gauze. "I'm sorry."

/ / /

Mackenzie walks to the cardio wing of the ICU after getting a page from Izzie.

"Izzie, what's wrong? I got your page. There's an emergency?"

Izzie looks at the girl with sad eyes. "Denny's been readmitted into the hospital."

"Oh my God. Is-Is he okay?" Mackenzie asks, growing concerned for the man.

Izzie sighs. "He's stable for now. But he was asking for you, and I couldn't tell him no. Go make his day brighter with one of your smiles and maybe a hug. He could use some of your positivity."

"Right. Okay. I can do that," the girl says and enters the room timidly.

Denny Duquette is hooked up with wires to different machines. It's enough to make Mackenzie want to cry.

"Denny? It's Mackenzie."

Denny smiles as he sees her. "Hey there, kid. Izzie wasn't kidding when she said you were a loyal friend."

Mackenzie sits down next to his bed. "Izzie said you got readmitted, and that you were asking for me. Do you feel any better?"

"I feel okay. But I'm happy that I got to see you."

Mackenzie gives him a sweet smile. "And I'm happy to see you... but I'm not happy to see you in the hospital. It worries me."

Denny opens his arms, motioning for Mackenzie to fill them.

Mackenzie carefully sits next to Denny on the bed. She then hugs him, being cautious of the wires. Denny's arms wrap themselves around her body, and they both smile.

"I think this is the best hug I've ever been given." Denny tells her softly.

Mackenzie lets out a small laugh. "I've been known to give out some of the best hugs."

"I don't doubt that for a minute, Mack."

/ / /

George yells at Meredith in the stairwell. Izzie, Cristina, and Alex are behind her. "You wanna talk now because you told everyone that we had sex!"

Meredith's eyes widen. "Shh."

Izzie is the first to speak. "You had sex?!"

"You had sex with George?!" Cristina gapes.

George looks at Meredith, confused. "You didn't tell them?"

Meredith shakes her head. "No."

"Damn it!" George curses. He moves to walk down the next flight of stairs but ends up falling down them instead.

All the girls yell, concerned for George.

George writhes in pain. "Ah!"

/ / /

Mackenzie walks from Denny's room in the ICU's cardio wing to the E.R., where George is sat in a trauma room with what appears to be a dislocated shoulder. She'd been paged by Cristina. She eyes Izzie, Alex, Cristina, and Meredith.

"Somebody better tell me why my big brother is sitting in here right now. And right now just passed, so you four aren't talking fast enough."

None of the interns could form words, so they just left the room to give George and Mackenzie some time to themselves.