Who's Zoomin' Who?

Season 1, Episode 9: Who's Zoomin' Who?
Overall Episode Number: 9
Created by: Shonda Rhimes

/ / /

Secrets can't hide in science. Medicine has a way of exposing the lies. Within the walls of the hospital, the truth is stripped bare. How we keep our secrets outside the hospital...Well, that's a little different. One thing is certain. Whatever it is we're trying to hide, we're never ready for that moment when the truth gets naked. That's the problem with secrets. Like misery, they love company. They pile up and up until they take over everything. Until you don't have room for anything else. Until you're so full of secrets, you feel like you're going to burst.

- Meredith Grey

/ / /

"This is Mackenzie Shepherd-Sloan. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll be sure to get back to you. Bye!"

"Hey, Mack. It's Addie. Please call me back; I need to tell you something. It's really important that you answer the phone. Just call me when you get this message. Bye."

"Mackenzie, it's still Addie. You didn't call me back, and neither will your father. Would you mind picking up the phone, please? What I need to say to you is really important."

Mackenzie listened to the two voicemails that Addison left on her phone. What was so important to her stepmother that required Mackenzie's attention?

Whatever it was... Mackenzie could hear about it later.

/ / /

Mackenzie was with George when he went to go pick up lab results.

Mackenzie was about to ask what the results were for when Izzie joined them.

Izzie looked over at George. "Hey, what did you get, something good?" She asked and grabbed George's results. "Syphilis? That's not surgical. Who has syphilis?"

Mackenzie raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Syphilis? Who's got syphilis?"

George pulled Izzie and Mackenzie into the nurse's station.

"Excuse us, sorry." George told the nurse that was leaving.

Izzie and Mackenzie came to a sudden realization. "You have syphilis?" They asked at the same time.

George put a finger to his lips. "Shh!"

George closed all the blinds and the door. "I don't know how this happened."

Izzie scoffed. "Of course you do. God, Olivia must really be getting around."

George shook his head in denial. "Olivia, she's not like that."

"I'm pretty sure she gave you the syph, George." Mackenzie told him.

Izzie nodded. "It's a new millennium, George. The only people who aren't like that are the Amish and, apparently, you."

George sighed. "You don't know. Maybe I've been sleeping around. Maybe I got ladies. Shut up. What am I gonna do?"

Izzie smiled. "It's no biggie, couple doses of Penicillin will knock it out."

"What am I gonna do about Olivia?" George questioned.

"Dump her! She's probably sleeping with someone else." Mackenzie concluded.

Izzie nodded. "Well, for starters, stop sleeping with her, unless you want that thing to fall off."

George looked at them both. "Ok, that is twice that you both have trash-talked the girl that I could one day potentially...well, not love but like a whole lot."