Chapter 30

“We need to get back to the mountains right away,” Su Mian whispered to Mu Gui, “the rescue team should be here in half an hour.”

Mu Gui nodded, he didn’t know what happened to Hantan Village. Thinking of what Su Mian said to Grandma Su before she left, his eyes flashed. Su Mian shouldn’t have predicted all this, right? She always looked too calm, unlike a girl of her age.

“Bai Xi, let’s go,” Su Mian pulled Bai Xi.

As for the people who came with Bai Xi, she wasn’t familiar with them, so naturally she didn’t plan to take them with her.

“What about them and Yue Wanjun?” Bai Xi quietly points to Yue Wanjun, who was crying.

“A rescue team will send them to a safe place, and surviving will depend on their abilities,” Su Mian said coldly. As for Yue Wanjun, she had a great ability. She didn’t need to worry about her at all. Instead, she needed to guard herself against her.

Bai Xi nodded, pointed to the handsome and restrained young man in the crowd, and said in a low voice, “Can I bring that person? Feng Ji followed me because he was worried about my safety.”

Feng Ji? Su Mian hesitated for a moment. There was a powerful thunder ability-user in the Beichen base in her previous life, also called Feng Ji. She didn’t know if he was the same person.

“Is he from Kyoto?”

“How did you know? When I was young, after junior high school, his family moved to Kyoto.”

Su Mian nodded.

Bai Xi was overjoyed, and quickly pulled Feng Ji over.

“Su Mian, Bai Xi, where are you going? Let’s go together!” When Yue Wanjun, who was still crying, saw them moving, she shouted, attracting everyone’s attention.

“Going home, I don’t know if my house has been burnt!” Su Mian said indifferently, “My house is in the mountains. You should wait for the rescue team.”

“Wanjun, let’s wait for the rescue team. When the traffic is restored, let’s go back to Huadu directly.”

“It’s too dangerous. Don’t go to the mountains.”

Wanjun looked at Su Mian and Bai Xi suspiciously. She wanted to wait for the rescue team, but was not willing to let Su Mian go.

“Those who are not afraid of death will follow,” Bai Xi sneered and dragged Su Mian away.

Yue Wanjun wanted to follow, but saw that none of the rich second generation was willing to take the risk, and she couldn’t drive, so she could only watch Su Mian and others leave.

After getting on the car, Mu Gui turned on the radio and received the military channel, which was full of rescue information and distress signals from all over the country.

Feng Ji sat in the copilot’s seat with a pale face, looked at the calm and elegant man, and said hoarsely, “Do you have any ability?”

Mu Gui nodded with a smile.

Feng Ji’s eyes flashed with a trace of envy and desire for power.

“Thank you and Su Mian for coming to pick us up.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Su Mian, can we go back to Huadu?” Bai Xi asked with red eyes.

“The radio said that in the future, the global temperature will continue to rise, the traffic and signal will be cut off. If there is no accident, human beings will soon face famine, and going back will be like asking for death,” Su Mian said in a low voice.

Bai Xi bit her lip without saying a word.

“There is a security base near Huadu, located in Taihu Lake. The rescue team will escort ordinary people to the base. There are large survival bases in Kyoto and the south. Don’t worry, when the situation stabilizes, contact your family.”

Mu Gui took a look at Su Mian and said lightly, “What Su Mian said is right. At present, the most important thing is to survive, even if you don’t want to admit it, the end is coming.”

Bai Xi and Feng Ji were shocked. The end of the world almost represents death and all the unknowns.

“How can we survive in the apocalypse?” Feng Ji asked Mu Gui seriously.

“By awakening powers.” Mu Gui smiled, with deep and gentle eyes, “If you can’t awaken it, then be a strong ordinary person.”

“Su Mian, you also have it,” Feng Ji said suddenly, “I saw you help Mr. Mu.”

They all looked at Su Mian. Su Mian didn’t expect Feng Ji to be so sharp. She nodded and admitted, “Yes, I do. You also have a chance to awaken it.”

Feng Ji and Bai Xi had a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

They had to be powerful to live.

On the way back, when encountering countless rescue vehicles, Mu Gui automatically gave way to the vehicles. When they returned to Hantan Village, it was almost dark.

Unexpectedly, as Hantan village was a basin terrain in the mountain, the village was small. The two big mountains in front of it had little loss. Only two abandoned tile houses had been burnt down, and because all the bamboo forests and trees had been cut down in the mountain, there was no fire outbreak, only the deep mountains and old forests behind had been filled with smoke and the fire had spread infinitely.

Su Mian and the others drove up the back mountain, only to see the Mu family and the villagers staying at the side of the cold pool. When they saw them coming back, one of them shouted joyfully, “Grandma Su, Xiao Mian and the others are back.”

The flowers and trees beside the pool were rescued into the cave. The glass roof on it had a barrier formed by plants and vines. Su Mian knew that the Mu family had shot it, and the loss was minimal.

“Grandma, I’m back. This is my classmate, Bai Xi and Feng Ji.”

“You came back, you came back,” Grandma Su trembled and said with tears.

“You’re hungry for sure. Xiao Mian, take your two classmates to dinner.”

Su Mian held her grandma’s shaking hand, her eyes were reddish, and she smiled, “Okay.”

In her previous life, she was most fond of such warmth. No matter how far she went and how dangerous the things she did, her grandma always cooked and waited for her to come back home for dinner.

In this life, she came back to Hantan village.