Chapter 2

She had nightmares that night about when she was in shelter with her classmates, about when she was imprisoned in the base. The man leaned over, his face was sinister, his eyes were like knives. He looked at her inch by inch. Finally, she saw herself escaping and dying in the wilderness.

Su Mian was sweating, she was awakened when she thought that she was going to die in her dream.

“Su Mian, you have been sleeping all day and all night, are you all right?”

Su Mian struggled to open her heavy eyelids, and saw her concerned roommate, Yue Wanjun in front of her. Grasping the sheets with her fingers, her pupils contracted.

Yue Wanjun? In her former times, she regarded Yue Wanjun as her best friend. She also protected her at the end of the world. She angered the man several times for Yue Wanjun, but the only thing she got in the end was betrayal.

Su Mian moved her body on the bed calmly, got up, dressed, got out of bed, and then heard a bang. A crimson jade pendant fell off her body, and broke in half, exposing a small little gourd inside.

“Well, Su Mian, when did you have such a precious jade pendant? And like a matryoshka doll, there is a small one inside the big one.”

Yue Wanjun saw that this jade pendant was transparent and moist, like a blaze of flames

As soon as Wanjun was about to bend to pick it up, Su Mian quickly had picked the jade gourd, held it in her palm, and said indifferently, “My parents left it for me.”

The broken crimson jade gourd cut through her palm, causing a little stabbing pain. Su Mian was tense, she remembered very clearly that the jade gourd was not hers. It was given to her by that man in her previous life and was ordered to wear it all the time. She didn’t know why after she was reborn, the jade gourd was still with her.

But it was broken. Su Mian didn’t feel sorry, once something was broken, it needed to be thrown away.

“Didn’t you say that you have lived with your grandma since you were a baby and haven’t seen your parents?” Yue Wanjun glanced at the jade gourd with sullen eyes. This must be good jade, she could not remove her eyes from it. What Su Mian said about her family being poor was a lie.

However, Su Mian woke up suddenly from her indifference towards her, and Yue Wanjun had to suppress her thoughts.

“Um,” Su Mian nodded.

Unwilling to talk to her indifferently, she went straight into the bathroom, closed the door, and exhaled softly.

She had lived in the mountains with her grandma since forever. She had never seen her parents, she had never even had a picture of them, and her grandmother never mentioned them. She only said that they had travelled far away. Su Mian had acquiesced that her parents were dead.

Turning on the faucet, Su Mian discovered that the broken jade gourd had cut her palm, and the little scarlet jade gourd had a fuller color, it seemed to be alive, exuding a strange luster.

She threw the broken jade directly into the trash can, and rubbed the little scarlet jade gourd. When her palm felt hot, the little scarlet jade gourd disappeared out of thin air, leaving a mark on her skin.

Su Mian was surprised when she looked at the print on her palm, she reached out and touched it. Suddenly, she was sucked into a separate space.

There was no sun, moon and stars in the misty sky, only red soil. There was a spring eye in the space of 100 square meters. The spring water came out, accumulating over time, forming a small water pond. There were a few plants growing rarely near the water pond.

Was this a space? Su Mian was ecstatic.

After the end of the world, the world turned into a high-temperature melting pot, and powers were rising like mushrooms. The most popular one among them was the ice-based ability. A strong ice-based ability can create an ice enchantment to resist high temperatures and elemental beasts’ attack. The second power was fire, some people awaken other abilities, such as wood, wind, and functional space powers.

The space power was equal to a mobile warehouse. Although the combat power is weak, it is standard for the team and the search for supplies, and it is welcomed by major bases.

Space power was equal to a mobile warehouse. Although its combat effectiveness was weak, it was important to search for materials, so it was welcomed by major bases.

However, the space power could only store things that had no life, and the size of the space was related to which level the person’s power was. Generally, it was a warehouse-sized space. Su Mian’s space was unique, because there was no other space with spring eyes and land other than hers.

Su Mian calmed down and walked in front of the pond, and saw that the bottom of the pond was full of jade. And a clear spring emerged from the center of the pond, nourishing the land and plants.

Was this ginseng? Su Mian was shocked when she saw the plants. If it wasn’t for the elderly people in the village who planted medicinal herbs and sold them, she couldn’t recognize them.

Su Mian carefully dug a small one, which had grown into a human shape, dragging a long beard. It had a natural beauty. It was unknown for how many years it grew, sending out a light fragrance of medicine.

Su Mian was shaking with excitement.

She currently only had more than 50,000 Yuan, which came from the scholarships and part-time money she saved from childhood. Her family was poor and her grandmother didn’t have much deposit. The end of the world was less than a month away. Therefore, a lot of money was needed.

Now with this superb ginseng, she had a start-up fund for her last days.

Su Mian looked at the ginseng in her hand, took a deep breath, clenched her fists, and her eyes turned bright. With this space, she finally had a way to survive in the doomsday.