Chapter 31

There were no casualties in Hantan village. The villagers were frightened by the fire an hour ago. When they learned that Anping County was totally burnt, Li Hongqi’s family was shocked.

If Grandma Su hadn’t asked the village chief to help them move three days ago, the whole family would have been crying.

There was no big fire in Houshan cold pool cave. Relying on the cold pool, it could be warm in winter and cool in summer. A solid glass house was built on the big cold pool that was as big as a football field. In the glass house, there were a group of big trees planted by the new neighbors to block the sun. The thick trees and vines were twined together along the wall root of the glass house, forming a big plant net, which turned the cold pool into a plant space.

Hot air couldn’t enter, and even though the temperature was rising, in the plant glass room, the ice on the surface of the cold pool had not yet melted.

At the moment when the flames of the apocalypse came, after seeing what the elderly people in the Mu Family could do, Li Hongqi and even the villagers of Hantan Village instantly understood why Su Mian agreed to let the strangers move in.

Grandma Su’s granddaughter saved all of their lives, and found extremely powerful neighbors.

The villagers were grateful. In the future, they must take good care of the Su family.

Of course, Su Mian didn’t know what the villagers thought. She took Bai Xi, Feng Ji and Mu Gui directly home for dinner.

Grandma Su made a rich dinner. She knew that Su Mian liked meat, so she made braised rabbit meat, vinegar cucumber, steamed pumpkin, corn, and chili cake, all of which were her favorite.

Grandma Su cut a large plate of watermelon, brought it up, and smiled, “Children, come over to eat, you must be hungry.”

Mu Gui looked at this rich dinner and smiled. Su Mian was indeed the richest landowner in the village. Seeing the things hanging on the stone beam, he knew how rich she was.

In addition to planting trees and flowers, they lived a tight life. They usually ate vegetarian food. Meat was really a good friend of human beings.

He wants to eat meat!

“Grandma, rest. I’ll serve dinner.”

Mu Gui helped serve the dinner.

Bai Xi and Feng Ji were shocked by everything before they entered the Village.

Glass house? Cave house?

The room was spacious and comfortable, clean and tidy. Although there was not much furniture, the layout was reasonable. There was a kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms and living rooms. The high temperature outside was 70-80 degrees. The interior of the room was also covered with soft cushions woven at home, warm and comfortable.

They seemed to have just walked from hell to heaven.

What kind of fairyland was this? Bai Xi and Feng Ji were both rich second generation. They had seen many luxury places, but the cave house, which was less than 100 square meters in front of them, had become the most beautiful house in their mind in the apocalypse.

Su Mian moved the small table for dinner. Seeing that the two were still in a trance, she said with a smile, “Sit down and eat. My grandmother’s cooking is particularly delicious.”

Bai Xi and Feng Ji sat down, picked up their chopsticks and ate.

“Grandma, I brought you a lot of things, but the car was destroyed and it was gone,” Bai Xi ate and shed tears. The broken car was burnt down when it was hit by the flames.

“Don’t cry, it’s gone. Grandma has everything here. Xiao Mian bought a lot of stored food for her family.” Grandma Su smiled lovingly, patted Baixi’s hand, and said, “You can rest assured. You’ll stay with Xiao Mian in a room. Xiao Ji can live in Xiao Mian’s uncle’s house.”

“Can I build my own house?” Feng Ji said restlessly. It was so beautiful here. He wanted to get in touch with his family and bring them over. Although there were many difficulties, he had to try.

“Yes, you can build your own place.”

Su Mian smiled, happily taking a bite of the hot chili cake, which made her eyes teary.

“Thank you,” Feng Ji clenched his fist and said gratefully.

“Then I’ll build it with you,” Bai Xi wiped her tears and said.

“Woo, it’s spicy.”

When Mu Gui saw Su Mian eating the chilli cake steadily, he couldn’t help himself and tasted them. Instantly, his head turned into a pig’s head, and the breath he exhaled had the taste of chilli, which destroyed his perfect image in one second.

“Hahahaha,” everyone burst out laughing. All the unhappiness disappeared with the laughter.

No matter how difficult it was, they must strive to survive.