chapter 30: no guts

Negan knocked on the Grimes door, hoping to get Rick to answer the door but instead, it was Olivia

Negan knocked on the Grimes door, hoping to get Rick to answer the door but instead, it was Olivia. As soon as she opened the door, Negan barged in whistling, as Eloise passed Olivia, the woman turned to the teen girl worriedly. "Lou, where's–" "Jace and Enid are fine." Eloise interrupted quick enough so Negan wouldn't hear.

"Great, great, great, great, great, great! Where's Rick?" Negan asked Olivia who grew nervous under Negan's stares. "Uh, I–" "Don't care. Where's Rick?" Negan sang. "Um, out scavenging for you." Olivia finally answered. "Cool. I'll wait." Negan chuckled and Olivia shook her head.

"Um... he went out pretty far. They might not be back today. We're running really low on everything. We're practically starving here." Negan chuckled at Olivia's words. "Starving? You? By 'practically,' you mean 'not really." Olivia started to cry and Eloise shook her head as someone knocked on the door. Negan turned to Eloise. "Female kiddo, go get that." Eloise sighed, walking towards the front door, her eyes going wide at Jasper.

She quickly walked outside, shutting the door behind her. She looked at her brother like he was crazy. "What are you doing here?" Eloise whisper shouted, crossing her arms.

"Tara said she saw you and Carl walk in with Negan. Louie, where the hell is Jace and Enid?" Jasper whispered right back and Eloise hook her head. "They're both safe at Hilltop. And you need to go. Now!" Jaspers brows furrowed. "Wh- Why?" "Because I told Negan you were dead now go!"

Jasper looked shocked before running across the street to talk with Tara just as the door opened to Negan carrying Judith. Lou's eyes went wide at the sight as Negan bounced the baby on his hip. "Who was at the door?" Eloise pursed her lips, looking around the street. "Oh, you know... Some kids thought it'd be funny to ding dong ditch." Negan looked at her before chuckling. "It's funny you think I'm that stupid. But I'll let it slide."

"Hey, neighbor. Why don't you come by later? We might grill out." Negan called out to Jasper who was heading towards the gate but Jasper ignored him, making Eloise sigh in relief. "Oh, I like it here. Mm-hmm. I might just have to stay here." Negan hummed.

"You know, I was thinking about what you said earlier, Eloise. Maybe it is stupid keeping you two and Rick alive. I mean, why am I trying so hard? Maybe I should just bury you all down in one of those flower beds. Huh?" Negan said, pointing at the trees to Judith. "And then I could just settle into the suburbs. What do you think about that?" Negan turned to Eloise, a big grin on his face. "Where's your house, Eloise? I'd like a grand tour."

Eloise turned to Negan before sighing and standing up. Negan let out a little cheer as she walked him, Judith and Carl right next door. Negan whistled at the sight of the kitchen. He passed Judith to Eloise who immediately started bouncing the toddler up and down as Judith played with a chunk of Lou's hair. Negan opened one of Lou's kitchen cabinets and whistled, turning back to Carl and Eloise. "I think we will be making spaghetti until good ole Ricky gets home."