chapter 25: saviors

Eloise was stuck

Eloise was stuck. All she wanted was to go out and look for Carol even though the woman had asked her not to.

She had grown to think of Carol as her mother and for her to leave hurt a piece of her. Jasper, Jace and Carl all knew how badly Eloise wanted to leave which is why they always made sure someone was watching the teen, making sure she didn't try and get out when no one was looking.

As of now, Maggie was watching Eloise for the day and they were helping Glenn get all the guns and hiding them away incase any saviors show up at Alexandria's gates. "We'll have these, but we should hide a few. That way, we can find them, but strangers can't. Incase anyone gets in." Maggie explained as Michonne walked up. Eloise patted Maggie's shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile. "They won't."

A loud motorcycle engine caught everyone's attention. They watched as Daryl drove right passed them, heading right towards the gates. "What the hell is he doing?" Glenn groaned and Michonne didn't even turn around to face the three to answer the question. "Something he shouldn't."

Glenn and Michonne hopped into the van, Eloise trying to go on after them but Maggie grabbed her waist, stopping her. "You're staying with me, Lou." Eloise sighed, watching them drive out of Alexandria until Abraham jumped in front of the car. "Whoa! Make room for my freckled ass!"

"No! Cover my watch, you stay." Rosita butted in, hopping into the backseat. Maggie slowly walked towards the edge of the gate as Abraham closed it. Eloise stepped beside Maggie, grabbing her hand. "They're gonna be okay."

...

After a few more hours of watching the gates, Maggie took a break and Enid filled her place as gate and Eloise watcher. The two mainly played chopsticks up on the tower until Scott came over, telling them Maggie needed to speak with them.

Eloise knocked on the door of Maggie's house softly and after a few moments, Maggie opened the door, smiling at the two girls. "Scott said you were looking for us?" Enid asked and Maggie nodded. Eloise sent the woman a smile, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "What's up?" Maggie smiled, handing Enid a pair of scissors and Eloise a razor. Eloise slowly looked up at Maggie with wide eyes. "You sure?" Maggie nodded and let the girls in to her house.

Enid worked on the top and front of Maggie's hair while Eloise worked on the back and sides and once they were done, both girls had proud smiles on their faces. Eloise leaned over Maggie to grab the mirror on the table before showing her her reflection. "I like it." Eloise mumbled, a smile dancing across her face that Enid's face mimicked. "But why?"

"I have to keep going. And I don't want anything getting in my way." Maggie answered before her breathing started to grow shaky. "Di- Did we cut it too short? I only used to cut my dads." Enid muttered and Maggie shook her head. "No, it's not that." She whispered before her hands flew to her stomach and she was groaning in pain. "Maggie!" Eloise screamed in shock as Maggie started to fall to the floor, Eloise catching her and helping her down softly.