Forty

Life in the muggle world was slowly beginning to become the norm for Effie and Draco. It had already been two weeks since they arrived here and so far, there had been no unwanted visits from any death eaters.

It was definitely a learning curve, for Draco more than Effie, she had slowly started to realise that not only did the boy not have any clue how to live in the muggle world, he also didn't have much grasp on how to live by himself either and it showed when doing basic things.

Take their first shopping trip for instance, when Draco decided he didn't have to wait in line like everyone else because that's now how it worked in the muggle world, it took Effie about half an hour to try and convince the security guard not to call the police after the absolute fuss Draco had caused.

Effie didn't care though, she loved this version of Draco, the silly, clumsy side of him, the Draco who didn't know absolutely everything and didn't need to, he seemed happy these days, as if he didn't have a care in the world, and it was amazing for Effie to watch him be himself.

It was only just drawing towards eleven in the morning, and Effie had had a brilliant idea, the sun was splitting in the sky and she could feel the heat of the air blowing through the open windows of the house, it was time to show Draco a good time.

"What do you say we do something fun today?" She suggested, while laying her legs over him on the couch.

"What do you have in mind?" He raised an eyebrow.

"The both of us have a lot of money Draco. How about we go on a date? Maybe a shopping trip, then some food, and then I might just give you a treat of your own when we get home." She leaned forward and kissed his cheek softly, causing him to shiver.

"We can go on a date Princess." He nodded. "But on one condition."

"That condition being?" Effie hummed, rolling her eyes. Always his terms.

"I'm paying. So you better pick up anything you want." He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her on top of him, kissing her roughly on the lips.

For a moment they got lost in the kiss, his hands slowly grazed up and down her body, into her hair, around her neck, their lips locked and their tongues danced.

Effie drastically pulled away from the kiss with an angelic looking smile on her face.

"We need to go get ready before we end up doing something we regret." She winked.

"I agree, but it definitely wouldn't be a regret." He kissed her again hungrily.

They headed off to get ready, their were about eight bathrooms in this house so they headed for separate showers.

Effie picked out a pretty little green summer dress, it hugged her curves perfectly and had a little frilly seam, she matched it with a pair of white trainers and a small white clutch bag along with some accessories.

Her long, wavy, copper hair rested over both her shoulders, bouncing beautifully off the colour of her green dress as she walked.

She headed down to the living room to meet Draco, for some reason she had butterflies in her stomach.

Maybe because this was the first proper date they had ever been on, and it was in the muggle world, it just felt like for once they were normal, they didn't have to worry about school or the Dark Lord or Harry.

In this world they could concentrate on their relationship, what they should have been doing since the moment they realised their feelings for each other, but since that moment life has been nothing but a reoccurring rollercoaster, it was like this time was a gift to them.