Chapter 10.

That night Harry couldn't sleep. He spent the whole night thinking about the criminal who ran off with his money. Now they can't stay in the apartment any longer, and must start from scratch, save money and rent a new place to live.

In the morning, Harry wakes up with red eyes from not having slept, and from crying most of the night. He feels tired, but he knows he must go to the academy as he does every day to practice dancing because the competition's day is approaching. He wants to sleep, but he has to pack all his clothes, and collect his personal things to leave the apartment and give the keys to his landlord. They still have to pay the debt anyway, so they have to get double the money to finish paying for this apartment and rent another one. He's screwed and just wants to dance to forget all his problems. He'd like to get a gold mine to pay off all the debts, he'd like that.

After packing all his clothes in his big bag, he takes a quick bath. He doesn't even have time for breakfast because it's already past the hour. He has to get to the academy. She puts her plush beanie on his head and leaves the room carrying his bag.

"Harry, aren't you going to have breakfast?" Jenn asks coming out of the kitchen when she hears the keys. Harry shakes his head.

"There's no time, I'm running late."

"But you're going to faint! You can't dance without eating first, Harry." She exclaims with concern.

"I'll be fine, Jenn." He answers as he opens the door.

"Harry!" The boy turns to look at her. "Leave the keys. And remember we're going to Niall's to sleep over tonight. Don't forget." She reminds him. Harry sighs deeply before leaving the keys on the counter, wistfully. "Don't worry, we'll get a better apartment than this."

He nods and leaves the apartment.

It's not an elegant building, it's very run down and the facade is not the best. The elevator is out of order and the stairs are never lit. The neighbors are rude and very dirty. It is actually a very smelly and neglected building, but it was all they got to live in, the only one with a more or less fair rent for them, but everything had gotten out of hand, the expenses were increasing every day more and more, food shopping was taking all the money, and the debt was growing to the point of being too much. Harry doubts very much that they will be able to find a less expensive apartment with a better facade, and he is afraid because he doesn't want to end up living under a bridge, going cold and hungry. That is his biggest fear.

"Hey baby, are you feeling okay?" Michael asks when he sees Harry leaving the building and doesn't greet him.

"Yes," he replies crestfallen. Michael walks over and lifts his chin to look into his red, puffy eyes.

"I don't think so, do you want anything? Do you want me to buy you something? Water, juice...?"

"No Michael, I said I'm fine!" Michael recoils, confused by the younger man's attitude.

"It's okay, I'm just worried about you, but it's okay, I won't ask another question." Harry looks at him, feeling bad for yelling at him.

"I-I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm sorry. It's not my best day, I'm really sorry." He sobs as he covers his face with his hands. Michael walks back over and wraps him in a hug.

"It's okay baby, everyone has bad days. It's going to be okay." He comforts him, Harry returns the hug without stopping crying, hiding his head in Michael's neck.

"I-I want some juice." He murmurs, wiping away his tears. Michael smiles tenderly as he pulls away from the embrace.

"Good. Nice hat, by the way." He says, still smiling. Harry brings a hand to his head to touch his hat. He blushes.