Chapter 9.

Louis doesn't know why he feels so empty even though he has everything. He lacks nothing, he has family, friends, girlfriend, money... But he's not happy with everything he has and he can't understand why. What could be missing in his life? He feels incomplete.

He lies down on his bed and puts a pillow over his head to stifle a scream. He is frustrated, tired of everything, tired of his monotonous life, nothing amuses him anymore, not even the thousands of video games he has. He just wants to scream and bang his head against the wall to fix whatever is wrong with him. He's not amused by his friends' plans, he's not amused by hanging out with Brianna, he's not even amused by sex with her, and that's not news, but he's tired of putting up with it, tired of pretending that everything is in order. Honestly his life is a chaos.

"Louis, would you like to eat now?" Jimena pulls him out of his thoughts, entering the room.

"Yes, thank you nana." He answers, pulling the pillow away from his head.

"Are you feeling all right, honey? Is everything all right?"

"Yes, don't worry, everything is perfect." He's lying.

"Do you need anything else?" She asks hesitantly. Louis smiles warmly at the woman who has cared for him since he was born.

"Could you make me some tea? You know how much I love the tea you make." She smiles back.

"Yes, of course love, I'll make it for you." Louis flashes that wide grin she remembers seeing since he was a child whenever he got what he wanted. She shakes her head before turning towards the door.

"Thank you so much!" He shouts as the woman leaves the room.

His phone starts ringing minutes later. A call from Brianna. He lets it ring. She probably wants to complain to him for not going to her ballet class. The girl always asks him for it, but Louis simply hates ballet, he's only interested in ballerinas, but he doesn't want to be in a class where probably all they do is rehearse the same dance and repeat the routine many times until they learn it, just imagining it makes him bored.    Brianna should be grateful that Louis agreed to go to her competition to watch her dance. She shouldn't ask for more, Louis can't give her more. He is aware that he is not a romantic boyfriend let alone an attentive one, honestly he would consider himself the worst boyfriend in the world if he didn't know Zayn. He is definitely the worst.

When Jimena returns with lunch and tea, Louis thanks her, and before dismissing her he stops her.

"Is Harry done with what he was doing?" He asks curiously. He doesn't really care what the curly one is doing, he doesn't even know why he asked that in the first place.

"Yes, he's watering the plants in the garden now. Do you need him for anything?" Louis grimaces.

"Uhmm yeah, actually my mom left me the money to pay him his first paycheck and I wanted to give it to him now. I'll look for him in the garden when I'm done eating. Thanks nana." Jimena looks at him for a moment, and Louis dodges her gaze to start eating.

He doesn't know why he asked, he had seen Harry less than twenty minutes ago, and he could pay him at the end of his day, but he wants to do it now.

After finishing his meal and drinking his tea, he quickly makes his way to the garden. It is quite a large garden, with many plants and trees all around the house. He watches Harry from afar, wearing giant pink headphones. His back is to Louis as he waters the plants and wiggles his hips in a very graceful butt-shaking manner. Louis can't help but let out a laugh as he slowly approaches him so as not to interrupt his weird dance, and then he hears him sing.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like It's better than yours, damn right, It's better than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge...."