Chapter 20.

Michael takes a step towards Harry, frowning and grabs his arm to get away from Louis and Brianna.

"What was that?" He asks as his expression softens and he lets go of Harry's arm. The younger boy bites his lip and lowers his head.

"It was nothing, just..." Michael interrupts him.

"I know, you went to see him at his soccer game." Now Harry is very sorry for accepting Louis' invitation.

"We're friends, Michael, nothing more. I swear." He assures him, looking at the scene of Brianna and Louis behind Michael. The two seem to be arguing, but he can't hear what they are saying, Louis looks very annoyed as he waves his arms in the air and Brianna mimics him.

"Harry, I'm talking to you, could you look at me?" Michael groans and Harry has to look at him again.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He mutters. Michael can't get mad at him, no matter how hard he tries, it's like trying to get mad at a puppy. Impossible. He sighs deeply before speaking softly.

"I don't want you to go out with him again. I'm your boyfriend, Harry, you can't disrespect me like this, I would never do that. You practically just went on a date with Louis right under my nose. Do you know how I feel right now? Betrayed." Harry shakes his head.

"No Michael, you don't have to feel that way, Louis and I are just friends. I've told you many times that he's not interested in men, besides he has a girlfriend." He points to Brianna. The older boy lets out an exasperated snort, he is 100% sure that Louis is gay, he just needs to find out, but he won't find out with Harry, he can assure that.

"But I'm not worried about Louis, I'm worried about you. It's obvious that you like him, and you like him more every day. I want to know what I'm doing wrong, why aren't you satisfied with me, why do you have to be after a straight guy when you have me, haven't I given you enough, Harry? Tell me what you want me to do to make you forget about Louis and focus on me, what does he have that I don't? Do you think he could ever love you like I do? No, he's clearly an idiot, a spoiled, wealthy child who only cares about himself and his material things. Can't you see that, Harry? He's not even attentive to his girlfriend, I don't understand why you like him so much. Explain it to me. Are you a masochist? Don't you like the way I treat you? Would you rather I treat you the way Louis does? I will if that's what you want, I just want to please you and have all your attention. I feel like he's taking your attention away from me, and I'm not comfortable with that." He finishes with a slight pout, causing Harry to feel very guilty.

"I'm sorry, really, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, it's not my intention, you've been very good to me and I've been ungrateful, I don't give you the attention you deserve, I'm a horrible boyfriend, I'm really sorry, I understand that you don't want to be with me anymore..." Michael interrupts him.

"Harry, I do want to be with you, I just want you to stay away from Louis. Please. I know you are friends, but I don't want your feelings for him to keep growing, clearly you don't see him as a friend, that's clear to me, I've been there too, I know what it feels like to fall in love with someone impossible. Please understand, he will never look at you with different eyes, I don't want you to suffer." He says sincerely.

-"I know." He answers half-heartedly.

"Then can I count on that?" Harry nods.

"Yes, I'm not going out with Louis again." Michael sighs with relief and smiles, but the younger boy can't smile back.

"Thanks. Now, maybe you're wondering why I'm here, and the reason I came is to ask you out. It's Saturday and I thought we could go out together, only if you want to." And he can't say no because he already feel guilty enough for hurting him before.