In The Morning

Birds were singing, and the bright sun woke up Lily. She presses her eyelids shut harder. It's too early to wake up. There's something soft and warm against her belly, burrowed under her arms. Lily smiles as she feels Rose being curled up against her under their blanket. She feels her twitch and snuggle her head against her chest. She makes a tiny sniffling sound and wraps her hands around Lily.

"Cotton Candy," Lily says, "are you awake?"

Rose makes a tiny muttering sound and Lily chuckles. She puts her hand over Rose and pulls her close. Rose makes a sound that is deceptively close to purring, and Lily giggles.

"... nt... na... k... u..." Rose mutters with her face buried in Lily's chest, "...n... e... us... ay... ik... is?" Lily's whole body jiggles as she chuckles and wraps her hands around Rose and pulls her close.

"Cotton Candy," Lily says giggling, "I don't know one word what you said, and I'll have you know it tickles too much when you do that," she says.

Rose lifts her head, her pinkish grey eyes looking at Lily, still a bit unfocused, her frizzy hair pointing into all the directions possible, and then a couple more. Her cheeks are reddish and she has a tiny smile on her lips. The heart-shaped eyeliner-extension on her left temple pulses gently pink.

"I don't wanna wake up," she says and touches Lily's chin with her lips. "Can we just stay like this?" she adds and lays her head back down, but doesn't pull close or hide under the blanket anymore. She stays watching Lily's face with her mouth in a small content smile.

Lily smiles at her and chuckles. "You are so cute. I can't take it this early," she says and strokes Rose's cheek. She leans in and kisses her forehead. "We can stay for a while," she says, "but not the entire day, I wanna do something else too."

Rose pouts and snuggles her head under Lily's, close enough that her lips almost touch her neck. "But it's so nice and warm here," Rose mutters, and her breath on Lily's neck makes her shiver and squirm.

"Cotton Candy," she says and gasps as Rose pecks her neck. She nibbles the skin on her neck gently and Lily's eyes roll up. "Cotton Can—Ah!" she says and yelps as Rose finds a particularly sensitive spot with her lips. "Rose," Lily says and tries to wiggle out of Rose's reach, but she manages to hold on to her and resume her attack on her neck, giggling constantly.

"You're so adorable when you squirm," Rose whispers into Lily's neck and collarbones, which earns her another slightly annoyed moan and a squirm. Rose stretches as much as she can and licks the back of Lily's neck. Lily almost jumps and yelps.

"Miranda!" she almost shouts, using Rose's middle name as she has in the past done a couple of times when Rose has been acting impossible. Rose lifts her head and looks apologetic.

"Sorry, Lili," she says. "I didn't mean to—" she says, but notices Lily's slightly pained face and lets go of her. "What's wrong, Lili?" she asks.

Lily blushes slightly. "I really need to pee," she says quietly and hops out of the bed. She runs towards the bathroom, leaving Rose laughing, almost howling on the bed.