The Rose / Lily's Confession

After lessons, Rose walks outside to the shed. When she arrives, she notices Lily is on the other side of the shed. Rose turns her back at her and blushes. She hears as Lily walks closer.

"Hey Cotton Candy... I.. I have a song for you too, if you'd care to listen," Lily says quietly.

Rose nods without turning around. Lily takes a deep breath, mutters an incantation for magic and draws in just enough so she can make soft music. She walks towards rose and stops a few feet behind her, and starts to sing.

{ Some say love, it is a river

That drowns the tender reed

Some say love, it is a razor

That leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love, it is a hunger

An endless aching need

I say love, it is a flower

And you, its only seed }

Lily starts softly and pours as much sadness into her voice as she dares. Her eyes glow softly white and her fingertips twinkle in the sun. She stands behind rose, hands on her chest, her eyes cast downward.

{ It's the heart, afraid of breaking

That never learns to dance

It's the dream, afraid of waking

That never takes the chance

It's the one who won't be taken

Who cannot seem to give

And the soul, afraid of dying

That never learns to live }

Lily raises her gaze and looks at Rose. Her voice becomes slightly less sad, and more accusing and commanding, as if she's explaining or teaching someone. She steps closer Rose, her hand extended as if to reach towards her.

{ When the night has been too lonely

And the road has been too long

And you think that love is only

For the lucky and the strong

Just remember in the winter

Far beneath the bitter snows

Lies the seed that with the sun's love

In the spring becomes the Rose... }

Lily steps forward and touches Rose's back with the tip of her fingers. She sings more softly and slides her finger along Rose's back. Her wrists fill with swirling designs and the tops of her hair glow softly. At the last line, she reaches forward and kisses Rose's neck and leans her forehead softly against the back of Rose's head.

"Cott... Rose..." Lily says, very softly "Last night... did you mean..."

Rose turns around, her face deep red from a blush, her eyes glowing brightly pink. A glowing white-pink eyeliner has traced hearts around her eyes. The tips of her hair are glowing white-hot while the rest of her hair glows in a heart-pink shade. Her arms are covered in leaf-like patterns of hearts and lilies. There's a swarm of pink embers surrounding her in the air. "I—uh—" says.

Lily reaches out with her hands and gently grabs Rose's face in them. "You don't need to answer me any further. You Naturals are so easy to read..." Lily pulls her closer and plants a gentle kiss on Rose's lips. The whole area glows brightly pink. "I love you Cotton Candy, I love you from the bottom of my heart. You don't need to say anything, that reply is the only one I will ever want from you."

Rose grabs her in a tight hug. "I—I feel like my heart will burst!" { Hold me, love me, touch me, honey, Be the first who ever did... } She sings softly.

Lily hugs Rose back tightly. "Shh.. remember what you found out... positive feelings do not pose a threat. You are allowed to feel love and happiness."

Rose pulls back slightly, grabs Lily's face with both of her hands and looks deep into her eyes. "I—from the bottom of my heart, with all I have, with every fiber of my being and all the magic coursing through me, I love you. I love you so much."

Rose pulls Lily into a deep kiss that lasts for a while. Up, behind a window in an empty hallway on the second floor, Aoi looks out and smiles gently.