From This Moment On

Lily walks a few steps to the side. There are a few sighs and sounds heard from the audience. Someone is astonished Lily sang a love song, of all things. It's almost completely dark. People are whispering among themselves. "Oh my, blondie-chan is properly good", Aoi whispers to her classmate sitting beside her. She looks around. "I wonder where Rosie-chan is, or was she backstage waiting..."

The spot lights up again. Lily's standing slightly off center. She takes a breath and starts a new song.

{ From this moment life has begun

From this moment you are the one

Right beside you is where I belong

From this moment on. }

Another spotlight comes on. It travels from top to the stage floor and as it hits it, Rose walks out from behind the curtain. Her hair is faintly lit and the hearts are clearly visible on her face. There are audible gasps from the audience. "A Natural!", "Isn't that Miss Caldwell!?", "What is SHE doing here?" are all heard.

"What the he—" Aoi exclaims, "What are you two planning now?!"

"Richter.. isn't that Natural your friend?!" Her classmate asks Aoi with a slightly alarmed voice. "She's a.. a Natural, like you. But who was the first girl? I think I've seen her around..."

"Blondie-chan? She's.. she's... uh, later." Aoi says and grins awkwardly.

"Isn't it terribly dangerous for her to..." the classmate asks.

"No.", Aoi says calmly. "Just watch. Rosie-chan and blondie-chan are up to something and I really want to see... Also, listen when she sings. You're never gonna here anything like that in your life."

Rose's eyes are fixed on Lily as she walks forward and stops beside her. As the verse comes to close, Lily takes a step backwards and Rose takes one forward, then she begins to sing.

{ From this moment, I have been blessed

I live only, for your happiness

And for your love, I give my last breath

From this moment on }

The auditorium falls deadly silent as Rose begins to sing. Many cannot stop tears welling up in their eyes. Aoi looks at her classmate like a proud mother after relatives have seen her child's school play. The classmate looks straight at Rose, her mouth open, her eyes wet. Rose's voice carries everything she has with ease. Heartstrings are pulled, tears are jerked. Even Lily takes a sideway glance towards her girlfriend. Rose - not nervous anymore at all - lays it all bare in her voice, her love for Lily is clear as day. As the verse ends, Rose steps backwards and Lily steps forward and one step closer to Rose. She throws a quick smile and glances at Rose, then begins to sing again.

{ I give my hand to you with all my heart

I can't wait to live my life with you I can't wait to start

You and I will never be apart

My dreams came true because of you }

Lily, following Rose's example, gives the song her all. There's a tiny pink glow between Lily's hands, as Rose joins her magic with Lily, like secretly holding her hand. There are a few approving murmurs from the audience, and people are listening intently. As the verse ends, Rose steps one forward and one closer to Lily.

{ From this moment, as long as I live

I will love you, I promise you this

There is nothing, I wouldn't give

From this moment on }

Like a sweeping wave, the audience falls silent again as Rose opens her mouth. Aoi's classmates wipes a tear from her face and Aoi grins at her. As Rose stops singing, both of them step towards each other and then take hold of each other's hands. Then they both sing.

{ You're the reason I believe in love

And you're the answer to my prayers from up above

All we need is just the two of us

My dreams came true because of you }

The two join their voice in a way not heard before. Tarutaru has to swallow and has to fight tears, even if she has heard them rehearse. But this is not a rehearsal, they're both putting all of them into their voice. Aoi finds herself just staring at them and tears flowing from her eyes. As the song progresses, Rose starts to glow more, her wrists and arms fill with swirly tattoos that glow. Both of them keep their eyes closed. There are alarmed noises coming from the audience, some even fidget on their chairs and look towards the exit.

{ From this moment, as long as I live

I will love you, I promise you this

There is nothing, I wouldn't give

From this moment, I will love you

As long as I live from this moment on }

As the song ends, both of them step forwards once, still holding their hands. Just as the final note dies, Lily turns towards Rose, pulls on her hand to turn her towards herself and presses a long kiss on her lips. The whole hall lights up pink like a sun, Rose's hair is like a pink flame and her body is filled with swirling, glowing tattoos from head to toe. Her eyes fly open and she tries to push Lily off, but Lily grabs her more tightly and keeps going on with the kiss. Rose's eyes glow like fiery pink embers in the wind.

Aoi's classmate sits stunned, not being able to move at all. She's just staring at the light-show happening in front of their eyes. "Whoa... bold, blondie-chan, I'll give you that..." Aoi whispers aloud, "What was your end goal here though...?"

Some people panic and try to run, but a few students that were acting as security manage to calm them down somewhat. After what feels like an eternity - but is actually a few seconds, no more than a minute - Rose's glow starts to dim and her effects lessen. Lily still continues to hold and kiss her. People are beginning to notice that aside from the light show nothing is happening. There's no explosion, no pain or suffering, just a couple kissing on the stage. Lily lets go of Rose's lips, but keeps holding on to her hands. There's a glowing pink sparkle in the middle of Rose's chest, just above her breasts.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, please don't hate me. This was the only way to show them."

"I—you—on—" Rose manages to stutter, her breathing is labored, and Lily can hear her heartbeat without touching her. Rose squeezes Lily's hand tightly.

"Did I break you, Cotton Candy?" Lily teases Rose gently and smiles.

"No..", Rose breathes out, "No, Lili.. You fixed me."