Chapter 108, Upon A Crescent Moon

Start from the beginning

"I just know that...glass only breaks once and so does faith and trust. And when I saw my reanimated parents four years ago, I just knew I'd never get the chance to be the same. Emotions had killed you Itachi, from the inside out, that same affection had killed my parents seventeen-years ago. These same emotions killed away and tainted my spirit"

Another tear hung loose from her soaked lashes, which then slipped past her reach as she gazed up the cloudy sky, which centered around the crescent of the luminous moon.

"The moon knows all of our secrects", she said, stroking my hand with her thumb, "it has witnessed how our story could've ended more than once. The first time being at the same clearing we met years ago after we prevented the coup. Second time being during the thunderous night on that very cliff at the Final Valley. And the last being at the terrain of the mountain wall, when that same dark-haired boy I'd forgotten about saved me from my impulses..."

"And that same dark-haired boy will remain with you still", I remarked when she trailed off again.

"I know..." she whispered softly, before muttering, "I miss them... Itachi... I miss my parents..."

I let out a small breath and untangled our hands so that I could wipe away the tear that is yet to elude. I brushed her bangs away from her eyes by combing through them gently.

"You know what I learned?"

"What?", she asks.

"Hayate Namikaze was nicknamed as The Yellow Spark, not because of how good he was with his Teleportation skills".

Hanabi creases her brows before tilting her head to look back at me, "then why?"

I chuckled softly and couldn't help the smirk that appeared on my face when I saw her pouting from this angle as she stares at me intently.

I let out a small chuckle before gazing up at the lit sky and answering, "he was nicknamed the Yellow Spark, because his words sparked hope among the soldiers on the battlefield", I looked back down at her parted lips and glistening sapphires before I remarked, "sounds familiar?"

"V-very...that's something I never knew..."

"Oh well, now you know"

Hanabi smiled to herself, before darting her gaze back at the night sky.

"You've gotten even more beautiful than ever", I muttered to myself as I was lost in appreciating the deity that lay in front of me.

"I heard that", she smiled to herself.

"You weren't meant to"

"I remember those two guys from the Akatsuki Organization, Deidara and Hidan", she chuckled, "they'd hit on me every chance they got and I'd scare them away with my-", she'd stopped mid-sentence to tilt her head in my direction.

There, her eyes fell on my somewhat dissatisfied face when I learned that other guys tried to hit on her. She gave me a look and arched a brow suggestively, "you're not jealous are you?"

My response to that question was a firm forced smile along a heavy breath, "Mhmm"

"Itachi come on", she scoffed satirically, "they were clearly playing"

"I know", I replied, all the while planning different ways to kill those two 'Deidara and Hidan'.

"Itachi", she sighed, giving me a stern look.

"What?"

"Come on"

"I'm just thinking about how annoyed you got from getting bothered by them", I pouted, looking away.