Ch. 4: Beyond or Below?

*Sabres pov*

It's been two days since Green Steve and I sat at that lake and hugged. It's been a while, it's also been a fun journey, we saw cool stuff such as a huge coral reeve where Green picked up some tropical fish, we climbed mountains that reached the clouds, we even found an ocean monument! It was awesome!!

Well...was...i got pretty hurt cause the elder guardien decided it wanted to take a trip out of the monument and go kick my ass!! >:(
I WASN'T EVEN IN THE WATER!!! STUPID! THIS IS WHY I NEVER LIKED GUARDIANS!

Right now we're just walking through a pretty big plains biome. There's not even small water pools like I normally find in these biomes.
"Hey guys! What's that over there?" Yellow Assistant askes as he started walking towards it. I almost immediately recognized the structure "It's a ruined portal! Maybe it's got some good loot." I say as I take the lead, running over to the broken portal.

"huh... This thing could still work. There's only one piece of obsidian missing." I say as I slowly let my hand glide over the hard obsidian frame...

"Alright let's check if it has any loot... Hey guys is there a chest somewhere around?" I ask the two Steves that look at the obsidian frame in amazement. "Uh... Yeah there's a chest over here." Green said as he pointed behind the broken hell gate. "Ah I see it... Watch out there's lava and magma around, don't fall in." I warn them as I walk over to the chest. There's 6 iron nuggets, 3 gold bars, some netherwarts, a pair of gold boots, flint and steel and 3 pieces of obsidian.

"oooo, we could complete the portal thingie!" Yellow says as he jumps over a puddle of lava. "Yeah, I meant to ask. If it's a portal... Where does it go?" asks Green. "oh it goes to the nether." I answere as I look up and see that there's a Gold Block in the portal top. I grab an Iron Pickaxe out of my inventory and climb up the portal frame to get the block.

"Uh... I have no clue what a 'nether' is but be careful, don't fall" said the nature steve in concern. "Don't worry it's fine, I've climbed higher before." I say as I easily stand up on top of the portal, grab the block and put it in my inventory. "yeah... But still! Don't hurt yourself." warns the green entity. "Yeah yeah! Oh and while I'm on topic, the nether is a different dimension wich is made of netherack, there's all kinds of creatures there like zombie pigmen, hogglins, piglins, striders, magma cubes, uh... Blaze, wither skeletons, normal skeletons.... And... Uh... Endermen I think.... Yeah, Endermen. The whole place is filled with lava and it's flaming hot in there. There's some useful ores tho like Gold, Quarz and Ancient debris." I answer Green as I jump down from the portal.

"You-you mean like the thing opposite of the world beyond?! " yellow yelped. "Uh... Yeah I guess... Kinda." I answere in confusion at yellows sudden fear of the portal. "Why would someone make a portal to such a horrible world?!" yellow argued as he backed away from the obsidian frame.

"Yeah that does not sound fun at all..." Green agrees with Yellow and walks after him. "It's fine! we don't have to go in...! I just wanted to explain since you guys asked." I answered and then realized how late it was getting. "Hey, how about we go find a nice place to set up our camp, it's getting a little late." I say trying to distract them from the portal. "Huh? Oh! You're right! Let's go to that cave in the hill over there. It seems like a fun place to camp, plus we won't have to build up the tents again." Yellow exclaims with enthusiasm. "Sure, lets go!" I say as I look at the spot yellow was pointing to.

As we were walking over to our soon to be campsite I look back at the portal debating if I should go try and trade this gold block... It'd be useful. I could get good trades with this! Maybe later.

*Green Steves pov*
(Yes! Different perspective for once!)

I notice Sabre looking back to the portal while we're walking to the spot yellow mentioned. I can already tell he's gonna do something stupid, although... Why would he wanna go to hell? That's not something anyone wants I'm pretty sure. I'll just have to keep an eye on him...