toxicity + fathers

As George woke up that next morning, he wanted to stay in bed all day. It was Saturday. He could but he knew that he couldn't be moping around because he broke up with a boyfriend that didn't care about the relationship. If he kept holding on to the little things, he would never ever be able to make it out of life alive or mentally okay.

There was just some things that Clay had made George feel. He made George feel like he was at home. Like he was his happiness. George had never felt like he had a home. When he met Clay, he felt something. Like it was a spark. Not a visible or physical spark just something that lit up inside of him. It was love, just George didn't want to admit it especially since he figured out he wasted it all for nothing.

"George. Can you get up?" His mom called through the door.

He threw the blankets off of him and he walked over to the door. He opened the door and saw his mother standing in front of his door, all dressed up and looking as though she was going to some fancy event.

"You look nice. Where are you going?" George asked her, leaning on the door frame.

"Your father wants to see us." His mother said.

George's smile dropped and he backed up a bit from the door. He stopped in his tracks and stared his mother in the eyes.

"I am not seeing him ever again." George said.

"Please George, he's changed." His mother tried to confide him.

"Bullshit. He's still the drunk alcoholic that I know." George spat out, his words like toxic waste as they spewed out.

"Okay then." His mother muttered and walked down the stairs.

He stayed silent and in that spot until he heard the door close downstairs. He felt the tears finally fall to the ground as he slid down the wall, clutching his knees against his chest. He started to sob louder and he wanted to scream. Loud. Louder than he had ever before.

His phone buzzed on his nightstand and he crawled over to it, not wanting to get up. He switched it on and sighed as he saw a text from Clay. He read the text over and over.

Clay
You kissed Jaxon on Wednesday? Seriously?

George stood up suddenly and started typing back a response, now confused as to why he was getting rumors spread around about him. He was alone on Wednesday and he was still in a relationship with Clay so it just doesn't seem real or true.

George
I would never had cheated on you, Clay.

George
You know that.

George switched his phone off and started to pace around his rather small room. Why the hell was their rumors about him and Jaxon. He hated Jaxon with such a strong passion so why would people try to spread lies. Unless, it was Jaxon himself but that's unlikely because Jaxon is straight and why would he want to label himself as something he's not. George's phone buzzed.

Clay
I don't know that actually, considering the fact you broke up with me.

Clay
Why, George? I thought you were happy with me.

George
I was.

George
You screwed up. Not me.

Clay
This relationship means more to me than a fucking reputation!

George
Then, come out.

Clay
What?

George
Come out as bisexual, if this relationship is more important.

George sat his phone down on the nightstand as he was left on read. He wanted Clay to come out so he can be happier with himself and more open but there was a very low chance they would get together again. George couldn't risk his mental health over some immature high-school boy.