college + moving in

"Clay! Where's my toothbrush? I forgot to pack it!" George yelled, his head poking out of his bedroom.

"Right here! Sorry!" Clay said and ran to George's bedroom and handed it to him.

The two boys were packing for college together. Clay was making sure that he had everything with him and George was freaking out because he thought that he would forget something. He had picked doubles of pretty much everything. George and Clay were nervous. Very nervous but it was something that had to happen.

George grabbed his suitcase and zipped it up and placed it on the ground making sure the handle was out so he could get it out of his house. He had decided to put all of his furniture that he was taking in the car already so he wouldn't have to worry about it later. George sighed and then looked around his empty room. It felt so different.

"It's weird to look at it, isn't it?" Clay asked him, hugging George from behind and staring at George's room with him.

"Yeah. It's feels so weird considering the amount of times you slept over and now we won't be sleeping in this room together anymore." George said, spinning around to meet Clay.

"You ready to leave?" Clay asked him.

"Yeah." George said, grabbing Clay's hand and walking out of his bedroom.

They both walked down the stairs and waited for George's mom to come out and tell them goodbye. She came out of her office and she was wearing a suit since she was just on a business meeting and she needed to be "professional." She had lost some weight while the boys were off doing things so she looked better in her own eyes but George could care less about how much she weighs because she's gorgeous either way.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to miss you guys so much." She said, hugging them both.

"We're going to miss you too, mama." George said, smiling into her hug.

"Just remember not to do anything stupid and please focus on your studies as well." She said, and then waved them off.

George met Clay outside because he had to tell his mom something. Clay was in the car and George was going to drive first and then they were going to switch. George got in the car and looked Clay in the eyes.

"Are you ready?" Clay asked George.

"Yeah, let's begin this new chapter." George said and started driving towards Florida.

───────

"George wake up, we're here." Clay said, shaking George from his sleep gently.

"Is this the apartment building?" George asked him, groggily.

"Yeah, here--" Clay said and placed the blanket back on George.

"Fall back asleep and I'll bring the stuff up to the apartment." Clay kissed George's forehead and closed his door for him.

Clay then walked to the back of the car and opened it and grabbed the two suitcases of George's and walked into the apartment building. The front desk was still open so he rang the bell and a very tired woman came to the desk.

"Hi, my name is Rebecca. What do you need?" She asked him, slowly.

"My name is Clay Johnson. I called a couple months ago to rent out an apartment here." Clay said, teetering back and fourth on his feet while she looked at her computer.

"Yes, here's your key. Your apartment number is 1b." She said, handing him the keys.

Clay thanked her and walked up the stairs, groaning a bit because the suitcases were heavy, and he reached the door to their apartment. He grabbed the key and unlocked the apartment opening the door.

It was a pretty decently sized apartment. The kitchen was quite big, the living room and the bedroom was as well. There was a window that was overlooking the city of Orlando so that's really good that they got this room.

───────

Clay finally finished bringing everything up to their apartment and he walked back down the stairs and walked out of the apartment building to get George. Clay sighed and opened George's door, smiling as he saw how cute George looked. George had his mouth slightly open and his snores were quiet but you could hear them.

Clay scooped him up off of the seat making sure to not wake him and he closed the car door, making sure to lock the car before walking into the building. He chose to take the elevator that he used to take up the furniture and as they were in the elevator, Clay kissed George's nose not caring that it could possibly wake him up. Once the elevator reached their floor, Clay opened the apartment door and walked George to their bedroom and laid him in their bed making sure he was covered up.

Clay spent the next two hours decorating the apartment and by the time it was about 2am, he had finally finished putting everything where they were supposed to go. He hoped that George would like it.

"I'm fucking exhausted." Clay said, sitting on the couch for a second.

After rubbing his eyes and making sure that he caught his breath, he got up and walked to their bedroom making sure that the front door was locked beforehand. He changed into his pajamas and got into bed with George. As he was about to fall asleep, he put his arm around George as if to protect him.

"Goodnight, George." He said and finally fell asleep.

—⛓🖇—

i hope you enjoyed reading butterflies! i was going to write even more chapters but i would hate to drag this book out even more than i already have. i have no other ideas for no chapters so this is unfortunately the end. :(

thank u for reading :]

hailee.