Y. Itadori - Stay Over

Start from the beginning

You turn to face away from him, staring directly at the wall. The sound of pencil on paper and Itadori breathing is soft, and lulls you into a calm state.

Before you got into bed, you turned off the main light, leaving a small lamp illuminating Itadori's work. Since you were facing away, there was almost no light behind your eyelids. You had to force yourself to not fall asleep.

This whole time your main goal was to fall asleep, but now you don't want to. Mainly because you want to fall asleep with the feeling of him next to you. God, that could not sound more cringy.

Luckily, it's not too long until you hear the click of the lamp, causing the room to be shrouded in darkness. Then you hear Itadori's footsteps approach the bed.

"Ow!" He exclaims loudly, paired with the sound of a thump.

You sit up, "What happened?"

"My toe just slammed into the bed frame. Ow ow ow."

Laughing loudly at his pain, you stick a hand over your mouth to try and muffle it.

"Don't laugh! I could be dying right now."

"Shit." You say, still giggling, "My bad man, you're totally on the verge of death right now."

"I am!" He flops onto the bed, pouting. "And here I thought that you'd hug me and tend to my wound."

"What am I? Your nurse?"

"That type of outfit would look good on you."

"Itadori!"

"What?! It's true!" He defends, pulling himself completely into your bed and flattening the covers over him.

"You're embarrassing." You say, laying back down and turning to face away from him.

It's silent for a few seconds, but then Itadori pipes up again, "So... I can't get a hug and have you tend to my wound?"

"The hug part is fine, I'm not getting anywhere near your foot though."

"C'mere, c'mere." He says excitedly, putting his arms out toward you.

"You're such a dork." You say softly, rolling over to face him and falling into his chest.

He wraps his arms around you, yours also going around his body. He was really warm, which felt good against the cold night air. You definitely have to send a complaint about the AC usage.

"Can I... Uh, wrap our legs together?" He asks, obviously more timid then before.

Instead of replying, you weave your legs with his, causing goosebumps to arise on your skin. You can hear his heartbeat next to your ear. It's fast.

"I'm suprised at how bold you're being." You say.

"Hm? Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, I know you're pretty good with this stuff, but still."

"Good with this stuff?"

"I mean that a lot of people like you. You're super sweet, but I can't see you pulling moves like this."

He jumps, "Pulling moves?! That's not what I meant to do. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

You laugh loudly, shutting him up, "Itadori, you didn't make me uncomfortable. Like I said, I'm just shocked."

"Okay, I think I get it. You want me to keep doing it then?"

"Yeah, I like this side of you."

You can practically hear his eyes widen.

"I like every side of you, Y/N." He says boldly.

"Jeez, way to one up me."

He tightens his arms around you, "I really like the way you do things, y'know?"

"No, I don't know. That's kind of cryptic."

"The way you look in the morning, the way your lips move when you talk, the way you act when you get embarrassed. All of it's so interesting."

"Really? I didn't think anyone noticed any of that."

"I do." He says quietly, "And it's really cool! You always look cool!"

"You always look cool too. I really like being around you."

"Is that why you invited me to stay over?"

You shift in his arms, "Yeah. That's part of it."

"Part of it?" He asks.

"Ah~ That's for another time."

"Y/N! Don't say something like that and then not tell me."

You lift your head off of his chest, looking up to see the frown on his face. When your eyes meet, he can't keep the distain across his face, and he breaks into a smile. You roll your eyes, smiling back.

"Just-" You start, glancing away from his face, "Just let me find a good way to tell you."

"I'll wait as long as it takes!"

"Do you even have the right to say that? You're insanely impatient."

"That's not important." He says solemnly, putting his hand on the back of your head and pushing your face back into his chest.

"I like the sound of your heartbeat." You say, already accustomed to the beat of it. At this point you don't even care about how weird your words sound.

"And I like you." He replies, words slurred.

Your head shoots up again. However, before you can start hounding him with questions, you notice that his eyes are shut and his breathing deep.

Your body relaxes, and you sigh. Leave it to him to fall asleep right after saying something like that.

You gaze at his face, a small smile resting on your lips. His hair is messy and falling into his face, the pink strands wavy. Everything about him looks perfect in this moment, even the drool coming out of his parted mouth.

Resting your body down again, this time your face level with his, you close your eyes slowly.

"I like you too, Yuji." You whisper.

(Guys stop reading this book, it's making me shit my pants. I could've worded that in about 20 better ways. Anyway, thanks for the reads (it's definitely not making me shit my pants).)