With the remnant of the Francois gone it was left to the Russ to fill in the second front with their own soldiers but that was easier said than done.
First they had to get their troops that were merely farmers with guns, motivated to step into the devil's territory formerly known as the Rhine Front.

To no one's surprise they didn't want to go, the terror and fear that she had wrung in that hell scape had reached all ends of the world. Making the Rhine Front the most unwanted assignment by any opposing military.

The Russy commanders could only start executing their own troops for insubordination, but the more commonly used excuse was that they lacked the communist mindset. 'They do not want to attack. So be it, we all run and fight if you don't the party will deal with you.' said one not so zealous Russ commander.

Though all nations knew that this late into the war that the devil was no longer in her territory but her presence was felt all the same by both allies and enemies.

To her allies this was the Front that could not fall. For the Argent had personally fought over it's sky and claimed it for the Empire, and their was no way in hell that as soldiers and citizens were they going to let this harden Front fall. A Front that their hero and their brothers and sisters had fought so dearly for every inch. Motivation was always high on the Empire's side, even if the living conditions always were deteriorating.

To the WA this Front was one that they wanted to topple the most, but simply couldn't. This Front that has been a stalemate for the Entire war was one of the key points defending the Empires production zone. If the WA could break it, they could cripple the already dwindled supply of arms and munitions, finally putting an end to the Empire's war machine. For her countryman would defend it till death for her.

The problem with that was the devil's presence was born in this hell and her home would not be taken away. Thus the stalemate continued on for a bit...

................

Over the many years of the war, Tanya was actually pulled from the front to start training all the mages that the Empire could scrape up. This along with a deadline of 3 months was more than an adequate amount of time to train these civilians into full fledged mages. Form the use of Tanya's 'tough love'. This would make up the wing known as the 204th reinforced mage wing battalion. Spanning a gargantuan 100 mages. Fully equipped with type 97 computation orbs.
With this new batch of overly trained troops, Tanya led them back to the Rhine front. Where she spent the next month getting them familiar with live combat and having themselves command each other for her presence was needed back with the 203rd who were with the navy trying to stop the blockade from the commonwealth from forming.

With the 204th succeeding past most people's dreams, the Rhine Front instead of falling under the onslaught of endless reinforcements from the WA mages was finally sustained and now held stronger than ever. Most predicted that in 2 months the Rhine Front would've fallen but now all their calculations are gone and done with this new unit introduced. That swept and completely annihilated non named mage companies.

The strategists in the general staff were now holding off the combined Francois attack with the major influx of resources coming from the Unified States. The meat grinder that was used on humans instead of animals continues its pursuit in feeding it. Making it more hellish and unbearable as the days went by. The devil may have left the Rhine, but her spawn hadn't.

..................

When the Francois army were finally crushed by the Russy Federation, the incompetent Russ commanders tried to fill in o the Rhine front and ultimately failed. The reasoning wasn't bad though. Continue making the Empire fight on two fronts and just wait for the Commonwealth's blockade to strangle the last of the Empires' resources and finally take down the Empire.
The General staff didn't know this because competence is far easier to predict than incompetence and had had the remaining troops regroup up with the main army fighting the Russ in the Eastern Front. Half of the remaining Russ on the east marched west to surround the empire and reestablish the Devils' Front only to be met with nothing.