31.

Writing this chapter was kinda gross I'm not gonna lie
3...

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Loki..." I whined, holding my very swollen belly in pain. The false contractions started just a few hours ago and Bruce assured us it was fine, but it didn't feel fine.

"I know, Princess." Loki muttered, playing with my hair. It was somewhat comforting, but honestly, I just wanted the stupid false contractions to stop. I had to keep reminding myself that it was worth it. That soon it would be over and I'd be holding my baby, but it didn't really help the pain.
"I know it hurts, but-" I interrupted him by swearing in Vanir, just as the elevator opened and Steve and Natasha stepped out.

"I don't speak whatever language that was, but I know that whatever you just said was not child friendly." Steve muttered and I scowled at him.

"You try giving birth to a kid that is 3/4 Frost Giant." I muttered angrily and Loki kissed my head.

"You're going to be okay, Princess. You're the strongest woman I know." He muttered and I held my hand out towards Natasha, who happily stepped forward and helped me up.
As soon as I got to my feet, something trickled down the side of my leg and I froze.
"Y/N...?"

"I think my water just broke." I mumbled and everyone looked shocked.

"You're not due for another 3 weeks." Loki spoke, instantly next to me and holding his hand against my stomach.
"You're sure?"

"Yeah, I think so." I glared at him, annoyed by his stupid question.

"Get her down to the medbay. I'll get Bruce." Nat nodded to Loki, who wrapped his arm around me and teleported us both down to the medbay.

"Loki, I'm scared." I admitted and he held my hand tightly as he made me sit on the bed.

"I know, so am I." He whispered, kissing me gently, before another contraction hit, but this one was real, I could feel it.
Loki and I had spoken countless times about what would happen next, but it was all a blur. All the hours we had spent discussing names, the late nights reading and throwing ideas at each other, that didn't matter.
The baby was coming and I was terrified.

Loki's P.O.V.

It wasn't too long after Y/N went into labour that her magic and her power started affecting everyone in the room. I had initially been angry when Thor put the magic restraint on her, but I understood that it had to be done.
Her screams were horrible, I couldn't stand to hear them, but I couldn't leave her side, either.
It wasn't until there was a second scream that I realised it was over.

"Here's your daughter." Bruce muttered, handing me the crying bundle, still slightly bloody and wrapped in a grey blanket. She stopped crying almost as soon as she was in my arms and I could feel my heart racing.

"My daughter." I repeated, moving to show Y/N.
"Our daughter, Princess." My wife let out a sob, smiling as she reached a shaky hand out and touched the blanket. I handed her the baby and she smiled weakly, looking down at her.

"A girl!" Thor cheered and I smiled at my brother slightly, before Natasha and Bruce dragged him out of the room to give us some privacy.

"She's perfect." Y/N mumbled and I leaned down, kissing her head gently.

"I'm so proud of you, my love." I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm proud of us both, silly trickster." Y/N smiled, before our daughter began to change into her Jotun form. Y/N laughed weakly, cleaning her off with the blanket.
"What do you think we should name her?" She asked and I sighed, looking at her.

"That can wait until later." I smiled and Y/N's eyes began to close. I carefully took the baby from her and she smiled tiredly.
"Get some rest, Princess. You deserve it." I rocked the baby in my arms, my skin turning blue when I touched her, but I didn't care. Y/N was right. She was perfect.
I was so terrified of being a father that in my fear I forgot what my mother had told me when I told her Y/N was pregnant.

"There is no such thing as a perfect parent. It's going to to scary, it's going to be tiring and there's going to be days when you just don't want to get out of bed, but being a parent is the most rewarding thing in the world."

I smiled a little to myself and held my daughter carefully, deciding to leave Y/N to get her rest whilst I went and introduced the baby to everyone.
I knew Thor would be impatient and it was best to take my daughter to him than have him burst in and wake Y/N. The unnamed baby's skin faded back to its S/C tone and I smiled, it was almost as if she knew. She was smart, that was good.

"Brother?" Thor asked hopefully, the group of Avengers looking at me in shock.

"Y/N needs her rest. She's exhausted, but for now, I want to introduce the newest Princess of Vanaheim and Asgard. Lokidottir."