15.

Sorry :)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You're tense." Nat mumbled as she finished her hair.
"What's going on?"

"I just have a lot on my mind." I shook my head. I was ready for Tony's party, wearing a long ballgown, one I'd wear at a party on Vanaheim.

"You want to talk about it?" Pepper asked and I laughed a little.
"It might help?"

"I doubt it." I sighed.
"I got in touch with someone from my childhood, recently. I thought they were gone forever and I want to have them in my life again, but last time she- they broke my heart." I purposefully slipped up to throw them off of the trail, knowing how good Nat was.
"We have a messy past and they did some things that I don't know that I can forgive them for, but they insisted that they've changed. They want my answer on whether I can forgive them tonight and I don't want to lose them."

"That sounds complicated." Pepper muttered, pulling a face.

"Have they ever intentionally hurt you? Physically, mentally or otherwise?" Nat asked, almost sounding protective.

"No." I shook my head.
"They'd never do that." Training didn't count.
"I used to trust them more than I trusted anyone, but we had an argument- of sorts. Things were said." I shook my head.

"Put yourself in their shoes." Pepper smiled at me.
"Would you believe that you should get a second chance?"

"I don't... yes." I said after some hesitation. We were children. It happened over a thousand years ago and he seemed sorry enough.
"Yeah."

"Then you better go and get them!" Nat laughed, before there was a thud against the large glass window and we all turned to see two large ravens.
"What?" I moved over to the window, sliding it open.

"What are you doing?!" Pepper screeched, looking at me as if I was crazy.

"It's fine. Keep your voice down, you don't want to startle them." I sighed as the ravens came in.
"This is Huginn and Muninn, they're King Odin's ravens. They bring news from Asgard." Muninn cawed as Huginn landed on my left shoulder. I detached the small scroll, my blood running cold when I read the message written in Asgardian runes.

"What is it?" Nat asked and I quickly shooed the birds out of the window.

"I have to go." I mumbled, feeling numb.
"I'll probably be back sometime tomorrow, maybe the day after." I left my room, moving towards the elevator.

"Y/N, wait. What do we tell the others?" Pepper asked.

"Nothing. It's fine. Just tell them I didn't feel like attending the party." I stepped into the elevator.
"I'm sorry, I have to go. Just don't tell Thor about the ravens, he'll worry." The elevator doors closed and I was too impatient, teleporting up to the roof.
"Heimdall!" The Bifrost opened around me and within a few seconds, I was back in the bronze room, except it was a lot more crowded than last time.

"Y/N." Frigga came over instantly, putting her hands over mine.
"I'm so sorry. Our healers are doing what they can, but-"

"It's okay. I've got this." I nodded, kneeling next to my brother and looking around the room at the many injured soldiers.
"Lars, look at me." I spoke softly, getting his attention as I put my hand on his cheek.

"We really could have done with your help out there, Y/N." He laughed weakly and I worked on healing him, but he was hurt bad. I knew that some of this would be difficult for even me to heal.
"But clearly, you had other plans."

"Shh, you need to save your energy." I mumbled and Frigga kneeled in front of me.
"Can you tell me what happened? The message just said there was an attack and Lars and a lot of Vanir soldiers were hurt."

"A month ago... there was a riot in the prisons." She spoke with a frown.
"A lot of prisoners escaped, including Geggorson. Today your brother along with the other warriors from Vanaheim were invited here, but not by anyone who is a friend of Asgard. They were attacked as soon as they stepped into the city. Most of the criminals were captured-"

"Except Greggorson, the bastard who killed my mother." She nodded her head and my eyes widened in realisation.
"He has no interest in killing Asgardians or Vanir. This was a trap to lure me here."

~

I stumbled as I landed on the top of the Avengers Tower. I was completely drained and barely even conscious.
I somehow made it inside, getting into the elevator and heading towards my room.
It was almost 4am, but I could still hear the party going on downstairs.
I wanted nothing more than to collapse on my bed and sleep for a century, but I couldn't.
Knocking on Loki's door got me no response, but I knew he was in there.

"Thor-" The door swung open, revealing an irritated Loki, but the look on his face changed to one of shock.

"No, just me. Sorry I'm like 4 hours late, but I'm my defence I have spent the last 8 hours in Asgard and I probably should have stayed the night considering I just barely survived an assassination attempt." I rambled.
"Oh and I killed the guy who killed my mother. He's the one who tried to kill me-" Loki kissed me suddenly and I took a moment, before I kissed him back, leaning into the kiss. There was a quiet bang from somewhere in Loki's room and I broke the kiss, looking at him in confusion, before the door opened further, revealing a tall slim woman with long black hair and tan skin. She had one of Loki's tees on over a pair of shorts and I looked down at the ground awkwardly.

"Shit." Loki muttered, closing his eyes and I stepped back, the girl awkwardly walking between us.

"I-Uh- I left you my number." She smiled awkwardly, before walking towards the elevator.

"Y/N, listen to me-"

"No, it's fine." I muttered, feeling myself get upset.
"I get it. I wasn't here at midnight and she was, right?"

"No, Y/N, listen. It's not what you think. I thought you had made up your mind." He spoke quietly, following me down the hall to my door.
"Y/N, I didn't know."

"No, it's fine. Honestly." I muttered, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"We both know it's not fine." Loki looked at me.

"Goodnight, Loki." The prince sighed heavily, knowing he wasn't going to win.

"Goodnight, Princess."