12.

Have a soft chapter :)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N? I know you're in there." Loki spoke quietly through the door, but I refused to move or speak. Mostly, because everything hurt, but I was still mad. After I had teleported myself out of the medbay, I had passed out for several hours from pure exhaustion. Then when I woke up, I did something I promised myself I'd never do again.
I cried over Loki.
I hated myself for caring, but I couldn't help it.
"Y/N, I'm coming in. Just... don't stab me again. You're in enough pain as it is." He teleported through the door and I glared at him.

"Get out." I whispered, my voice breaking slightly as a fresh set of tears formed just from looking at him.
"I don't want you anywhere near me."

"Liar." He smiled weakly and I continued to glare at him.
"Y/N, I'm sorry. More sorry than you'll ever know. You can see for yourself, please." He sat next to me on the edge of the bed. I hesitated, before reaching up and putting my hand to his head, I didn't look for anything specific, I let Loki show me. It was risky, he could be showing me lies, but for some reason, I trusted that he wouldn't. He showed me years of regret and lonely nights, occasionally throwing in a memory of us together as children. But then he showed me a memory I didn't expect to see.

"Stop!" Odin yelled as Loki looked down at the Casket of Ancient Winters, his skin slowly turning blue. I could feel his fear, his panic, his regret.

"Am I cursed?" Loki asked shakily.

"No." Odin sighed and Loki continued to watch the blue spread, his fear increasing.

"Then what am I?" He asked, placing the Casket down with a thud.

"You're my son." Odin replied as a blue-skinned Loki turned to face him.

"What more than that?" Loki asked as he moved towards Odin, the blue fading from his skin.
"The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?"

"No." Odin frowned.
"In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small, for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son."

"Laufey's son?" Loki repeated, his fear changing into anger.

"Yes."

"Wh-" Loki took a few shaky breaths, tears forming in his eyes.
"Why? You were knee deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child-"

"No." Loki shook his head.
"You took me for a purpose. What was it?" He was practically hyperventilating as he struggled to stop his body from trembling.
"Tell me!"

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day. Bring about an alliance, a permanent peace. Through you." He was scared and confused, angry and hurt.
"But those plans no longer matter."

"So I am no more than another stolen relic?" Loki asked.
"Locked up here, until you might have use of me?"

"Why do you twist my words?" Odin asked with a sigh.

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning, why didn't you?" Loki looked at Odin, tears streaming down his face.
"You watched me push away my only friend because of what she was and you never thought to stop me! You allowed me to believe she was a monster! That she was dangerous! I loved her and you let me lose her!"

"You're my son. I wanted only to protect you from the truth." Odin shook his head.

"What? Because I- I- I'm the monster that parents tell their children about at night?" Loki glared at Odin, who was muttering to himself as he moved to sit down.
"You know, it all makes sense now! Why you favoured Thor all these years, because no matter how much you claimed to love me, you could never have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!" Odin reached out for Loki, before he fell unconscious, Loki realising something was wrong as he hesitantly touched Odin's hand as if he was scared to hurt him.
"Guards! Guards, please help!" Loki cried out, fear overtaking him once more.

I moved my hand away from him quickly as if he had burned me, looking at him, not knowing how to feel.
I wanted to hate him, but after being overwhelmed by him memories and feelings, I wasn't sure if I could hate him. I knew I hadn't seen everything. I didn't know why he attacked Midgard and a part of me didn't want to know, fearing it could be worse than what I had already saw.

"Princess?" Loki asked in a whisper. There were tears in his eyes and before I knew what I was doing, I had wrapped my arms around him, hiding my face in his chest as silent tears slipped down my cheeks. He hugged me back, careful of my injuries.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered and I wasn't sure how long we just stayed there, holding onto each other, but I never wanted it to end.