17.

^^^^LOOK AT HIM 🥺🥺

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey, sleepy head." Nat smiled at me slightly as I shifted in the bed.
"You really had us worried for a moment." Something moved against my hand and I was more than surprised to find Loki asleep in the chair, his fingers laced with mine. I glanced back at Nat awkwardly and she just chuckled.
"He hasn't left your side, except for when I dragged him out of the room to kick his ass for upsetting you."

"How'd you find out?" I asked awkwardly and she sighed, giving me a pointed look.
"Did you tell the others?"

"No. It's not my business." She smiled at me.
"And what happened with the girl, it's not what you think. Just... hear him out."

"You're taking his side?" I asked, shocked.

"I'm not taking anyone's side." She sighed.
"And I'm not saying I approve either, but he saw you were hurt and he had this look in his eye... he cares about you, Y/N. Both of you need your rest. I'll come back later and bring you something to eat."

"Thanks, Nat." I smiled at her genuinely, before she left and I turned my attention to Loki. He was breathing softly, his eyes shut and his face relaxed.
At first, I found it strange seeing him in Midgardian clothes, but I had grown used to it. Unlike Thor, who was happy in a pair of jeans and a hoodie, Loki usually wore suits, however in that moment he was in a simple pair of sweatpants and a plain tee. He had a faint bruise forming on his cheek and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Nat must have hit him hard if it left a mark. Before I even realised I was doing it, I was reaching out to heal his cheek. My fingers barely grazed his skin, before his free hand was wrapped around my wrist.

"Save your energy, Princess." He mumbled, opening his eyes and looking at me tiredly.
"It's just a bruise, you need to focus on healing yourself before anyone else."

"Sorry." I mumbled in response and he sighed, giving me a small smile.
"Well, it turns out, channeling your magic through me was draining, but worth it. It saved your life."

"And it could have cost you yours, are you insane?" I asked and he smirked a little.

"Maybe a little." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.
"About what happened last night-"

"You don't need to tell me, not now. Nat said it was a misunderstanding and I am honestly about to pass out again so..." I patted the space next to me.

"No." He stubbornly replied.
"There's not enough room for both of us and besides anyone could walk in."

"There's more than enough room." I smirked.
"Unless you're scared of getting caught?"

"Scared?" Loki scoffed and I instantly knew I had won.

~

A full week passed before Thor returned from Asgard and he didn't come alone. I was talking to Steve and Sam when the Asgardian and the Vanir stepped into the room.

"Oh my- Ivor!" I jumped over the back of the couch, practically falling into the arms of my friend.
"Wow I have missed you. How are you? How is my brother?"

"We're both fine, thanks to you." Ivor smiled, clearly amused by my excited behaviour.

"Nice to see you too, Lady Y/N." Thor muttered and I looked at him, seeing a teasing smile on his face.
"I presume my brother is in his room?"

"Yeah. Sorry, welcome back, Thor." I gave the God a small hug and he went to find his brother.

"So, Y/N, are you going to introduce us?" Bucky asked and I pulled my friend over to them.

"Bucky, Steve, this is Ivor. He's my right hand man and the strongest warrior on Vanir." I smiled proudly.
"Ivor, these are my friends Bucky and Steve." Ivor shook their hands, before looking at me.
"What are you doing here? I thought father said-"

"The King has requested I return you home, Princess Y/N." Ivor spoke and I cringed at the formalities.
"You have duties-"

"Princess?" We all turned to see Tony in the doorway.
"I thought that was just your boyfriends dumb nickname for you! You're actually royalty?"

"Boyfriend?" Ivor looked at me with wide eyes and I sighed heavily, taking a step back and immediately bumping into someone.

"Princess." Loki mumbled from behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist.
"Oh look, Thor brought your lap dog to Midgard. How fun." Sarcasm dripped from his voice and I elbowed him slightly. Ivor and Loki had never gotten along. Whenever Loki used to visit Vanaheim, I had to keep them separate because they'd both get annoyed that they didn't have my full attention.

"Princess, let's go. Your father is waiting." Ivor glared at Loki.

"Go where?" Clint asked as he, Bruce and Nat entered the room, Loki holding me a little tighter.

"I have to return home to Vanaheim. My father-"

"The king. Her father, the king." Tony pointed out and I groaned.

"Yes. My father, King Njörd of Vanaheim needs me back home. I'll be back before you know it." I shrugged and Ivor cleared his throat.

"Actually, you won't." He muttered.
"After the attempts on both yours and your brother's lives, has decided that it is safer for you both to remain in Vanaheim, indefinitely."

"What? No." Bruce pulled a face.

"It is not for you to decide, mortal." Ivor replied dryly.

"Hey, no. That's not fair." I shook my head.
"Don't take it out on them. Let's go and talk, alright?" I gave Loki's hand a small squeeze and he reluctantly let go of me.

[I don't trust him.]

I rolled my eyes after hearing Loki's words in my head.

{You don't trust anyone.}

I thought loudly, directing it to Loki, knowing he was listening. I stepped into the elevator and Loki narrowed his eyes at me slightly as the doors closed.

[I trust you.]