14.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Need a break?" I asked Nat and she nodded, moving over to the bench and sitting down. Training wasn't really training anymore, not that I needed training in the first place, but it was more like practice. Just a way to keep ourselves active and busy.

"Are you looking forward to the party?" Nat asked me and I sighed.
"I'll take that as a no?"

"I just don't see the point." I shrugged.
"On Vanaheim, if there is any kind of party being thrown, it's because of an event. Like a birthday. Not to celebrate a building being fixed after it almost killed my 2 months ago."

"Well, Tony likes his parties." Nat shrugged.
"He gets a lot of attention put on him and he likes that."

"I've noticed." I mumbled. The past 8 weeks had gone by in the blink of an eye, with the Avengers going out on various missions, all of which Tony talked to the press about.
However, no matter how many missions they went on and how many times I got left at the tower with Loki, I still hadn't figured out how I felt towards him. A couple of days after he had opened up to me, I had asked him for space and that was exactly what he gave me. We kept up our rivalry in front of the others, just so they didn't suspect anything was wrong and start asking questions.
JARVIS suddenly announced that Tony wanted to see Nat and she groaned, getting up.

"I'll see you later?" She asked and I knew she was referring to getting ready for the party. She insisted that we had to get ready together and I couldn't really argue.
I gave her a small smile and she left, barely a moment later, Loki appeared and I let out a breath.

"You look like you could use a real challenge." He smirked, two daggers appearing in his hands. I looked at him blankly and he laughed a little.
"What? We haven't fought in over a thousand years. It will be fun."

"You're in a good mood. What are you planning?" I asked and he pouted.

"Why do you always assume the worst?" He asked as we began to fight. He seemed a little surprised when he realised I didn't plan on fighting with weapons and one of his daggers disappeared, making a little fairer.

"You're the God of Mischief and Lies. Enough said." He rolled his eyes at my response.
"So why are you really here?" I asked, knocking him to the ground. I winced a little when his back hit the ground.
That was the problem when sparring with Loki. Every punch I landed on him, I basically landed on myself. If I knock him to the ground and he gets winded, I get it twice as bad.

"I wanted to talk." He admitted and I helped him up off of the ground.
"You asked for space two months ago and I gave it to you, but I don't know how much more I can give you without believing you've given up."

"I've not given up, I want to fix it, but there's a lot and I barely know where to start." We continued to fight as we spoke and I had to admit, I was having more fun than I expected. Sparring with Loki was a lot less like a fight and more like a dance, both of us blocking attacks and attacking.

"Then let me help you." Loki spoke as if it was simple and I sighed.

"You're the problem. You can't also be the solution." I muttered and he caught my arm with the dagger, causing him to grimace.

"You're right." His attacks came quicker and I found myself backing up.
"I can't be the solution. But I'm not the problem." I looked at him in confusion.
"You have a number of problems and you can't prioritise them. Once you do that, you can begin to solve them."

"And how do you think you can help?" I asked and much to my surprise, my back hit the wall and Loki smirked, holding the dagger to my throat.

"By giving you a new problem, one you're going to put as your number one priority." He lifted my chin up with the dagger, making me look at him.

"If you're planning on stabbing me-" The dagger hit the floor before I could finish and Loki pushed his lips to mine, causing me to freeze. I didn't kiss back. I was confused. How was a kiss a priority? It was just confusing!

"Your number one priority is that I am dangerously attracted to you, Princess." Loki muttered, looking at me carefully.
"I have been since I saw you in Asgard."

"You're dangerously attracted to me and that's my problem how?" I asked, half teasing.
"And what the Hel does dangerously attracted even mean?"

"It means the past 2 months have been torture pretending to hate you in front of the mortals and my oaf of a brother and it has been considerably worse when they're not around and you want space." He mumbled and for a few moments I forgot that he had me completely backed into a corner.
"And... I know that you're attracted to me too. That's why it's your problem, Princess."

"No I am not." It was a poor lie, I don't even know why I bothered trying. Even if it was a convincing lie, he'd see right through it.

"Nope. Try again." Loki smirked and I tried to ignore the heat crawling onto my cheeks.

"So what if I am attracted to you?" I muttered.
"Why should that be my main priority?"

"Because..." He got closer as if he was going to kiss me again.
"I'm tired of waiting." He stepped back, a small frown on his face.
"Let me know if you decide I'm a priority or not. The offer drops off the table at midnight." I looked at him in disbelief as he walked away.