Chapter 62

Authors note: getting closer to the end

Coral sat up, and glanced around her room. She had fallen asleep next to Jack who was snoring lightly. She felt her gut twist and she ran to the window. She glanced down to see shadow's spiraling around the grounds. She heard another scream and she whipped off her jumper and rummaged around for her pirate gear. She put her hat on and Jack sat up blearily.
"Coral?" He asked, she gave him a smile.
"I'll be back!" She said as she dove out the window. Jack came to his senses and his eyes widened.
"Coral no!" He dived off the bed and grabbed his staff before flying out the window. He chased after Coral and glanced around, it was so dark.
"Help me!" A voice cried, Jack spotted Coral and she was running straight at Jasmine. Coral held out her arms and Jasmine crashed into them, her eyes frantic and terrified.
"What happened?!" Coral said, Jasmine glanced around and then up at Coral.
"He's after me! He's after you too! You have to get away!" She screamed, Coral glanced behind the princess and spotted the shadows screaming and racing after them.
"Not if I can help it..." Coral growled the air around her darkening, Jasmine felt Coral push her behind her but stopped as she spotted Jack flying at her. "Jack take the princess!" She said throwing Jasmine at him, he panicked and grabbed Jasmine and they both stared at Coral.
"No Coral!" Jack yelled, Coral raised an eyebrow.
"Stay there! Or else! Rothbart get out here now!" Coral ordered. The shadow grew larger and Coral frowned.
"Coral that's not Rothbart!" Jasmine yelled as she pulled out of Jack's arms and reached for Coral, "It's him!" She screamed, fear in her eyes, the shadow turned purple and whizzed past Coral, Coral's eyes widened in horror as the purple orb smacked Jasmine in the chest. Jack shot out his arms as Jasmine fell back into his arms. Coral and Jack glanced at each other, and a shadow smacked into Coral sending her flying into a tree.
"Ah!" She let out a scream as her back smacked into the tree and she slid to the ground, Jack's eyes widened as the shadow turned on him.
"Oh no." He muttered as he picked up Jasmine and flew up into the air, dodging the shadows, as he tried to make his way to Coral. Coral blearily glanced around and spotted Jack with Jasmine, she struggled to her feet and splayed her arms out.
"I won't let you hurt them..." She ground out, the energy around her began to become visible. She raised her hands and shot them forward, electricity whizzed passed Jack and Jasmine and hit the shadow causing it to explode. The blast knocked into Jack and he let go of Jasmine, before a shadow smacked him into the wall. Coral's eyes widened and summoned a blast of air to slowly lower the princess into her arms.
"JACK?!" Coral yelled taking a step back, he groaned and tried to stand up but there was a gash across his leg. He glanced up at Coral who was holding Jasmine tightly, before she jumped to the side and out of the reach of the shadow. She turned to the shadows and glanced at Jack, he flew forward and landed next to her, taking Jasmine in his arms.
"You're gonna get hurt." Coral whispered, staring sadly at Jack.
"Then we get hurt together. Let's just save Jasmine." He said, Coral inhaled deeply and stepped in front of the two of them. Her palms began to glow orange and she threw her hands forward, and two fireballs flew at the shadows causing them to disappear, it went silent. Jack and Coral sighed. Coral turned back and knelt down beside Jack, Jasmine was still unconscious,
"let's get her back to the school." Jack said, however a searing scream caused the two of them to cover their ears. They both didn't see it coming, as a shadow erupted next to them and smacked into Coral send her flying away from Jasmine.
"Coral!" Jack grabbed his staff but a shadow wrapped around it and flung him sideways, leaving Jasmine exposed and unprotected. The two rolled over and stared in horror as the shadows circled the princess. Flashes of watching the other princesses disappear flashed in Coral's mind and she let out a scream, everything around her turning dark. Jack clenched his jaw, he could feel the darkness but there was something else, something else controlling it, a sadness, he glanced at Coral. Her sadness, as the two struggled up, the shadows pulled back before jumping onto Jasmine.