4. Telling Your Families

It's been a week since you found out you were pregnant and you had invited your mum, dad, Anne, Robin, Des and Gemma over for dinner to announce the happy news. You knew your parents would be ecstatic but you were nervous of what Harry's family would think. It was 6:30 and they were coming at 7. You had made bruschetta, breaded garlic mushrooms and Buffalo chicken to start. Lasagne and stir fry as two options for their entrées and strawberry cream cake along with hot chocolate fudge brownies for dessert.

Just as you were putting the starters into the oven to heat, the door went. Harry answered it and it was your parents. They came into the kitchen with two bottles of your favourite red and white wines.

"Hi darling. How have you been," your mum kissed your cheeks and then you hugged your dad.

"Hi guys, I've been good. How have you guys been?" They nodded and went on to tell you about how their decorating was going.

Ten minutes later Harry's family had all arrived and we were all sitting at the dining room table.

"Y/N this food is incredible," Gemma smiled and you thanked her. Once everyone had dished up their main courses you excused yourself from to table to top up your drink. You had been drinking white grape juice to disguise it as white wine so your families wouldn't guess.

"Hey, when are we going to tell them?" Harry whispered wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Before dessert? We could put dessert on the table then thank them for coming and tell them?" He nodded and you spun around in his arm letting your hands rest on his biceps.

"You look beautiful tonight," he gestured to your plum dress. You thanked him and walked back into the dining room but not before pressing a kiss to his lips.

After the main course Gemma helped you clear the table and you took in the desserts. You went and stood behind Harry with your hands on his shoulders. He stood up and joined you.

"Thanks to all of you for coming tonight. We hope you don't mind but we'd like to say something. After being married for 2 years, I've realized how happy this woman right here makes me. I love her so much and I'm so happy to say that..."

"I'm pregnant," you took the scan pictures from behind your back and showed them to the group.

"I'm going to be an auntie! I'm so excited," Gemma jumped up and pulled you and Harry into a hug.

"We're really happy for you both. Now we can finally tell you that we've already converted a room in the house to a nursery. We knew this was coming soon," your mum and dad gave you all a hug.

"I'm going to be a grandma. Thank-you for giving me this special gift," Anne stood up and pulled you into a hug. Then gave Harry a hug whilst whispering something to him.

"You're going to be amazing parents. I'm so proud of how far you've come Harry," Des pulled Harry in for a hug and then you.

"Congratulations to the both of you," Robin pulled you in for a hug. 

"Wait, but your drinking?" Your mother pointed out with a disapproving look.

"It's white grape juice. Harry and I didn't want you all guessing I was pregnant when I wasn't drinking," Gemma chuckled.

"So, how far along are you?" Anne asked as you and Harry took a seat again and rested your joined hands on the table.

"I'm 11 weeks. I have my 12 week scan next week and our due dates October 28th. So we'll have an addition to our Christmas," Harry couldn't stop the grin breaking out on his face as you told them all of the details.

Pregnancy Series (Harry Styles) // Book 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara