Chapter 5 - You and I

I cannot believe I just saw him. After saying her name, she didn’t know what to do, think or say anything, but say no. She can’t just go talking to him like usual and pretend like nothing ever happened. After he hurt her.

       She halted to a walk. Why is he back, why is he here, and why? All these why’s come to one conclusion, he has powers.

       But why did he leave in the first place? He didn’t even say goodbye to me. Pull yourself together Daniela, don’t be like those girls who think too much. But she couldn’t no think about it. And she couldn’t forget about the memories they had.

       It all started on a bright December morning. Daniela was in the skatepark, skating like a pro, even though she was five years old. When going to the skatepark, people always seemed fascinated with her, because of her skills, and her age. While she was skateboarding, she saw a little boy, around her age, crying next to his skateboard and he had bruises all over his arms. Daniela felt a pang of sadness and skated toward him.

      “Hey.”

      “Hi,” the boy managed to say.

      “Are you okay?”

      “Yeah.”

      “No, u don’t look okay.”

      “But-”

      “Here I’ll help you help up,” she tried to pull him up, she could feel his pain from his bruises. When he stood up, he was taller than her. Wow. And he looked older too.

      “Um, how old are you?” she asked with curiosity. 

      “Six, almost seven next month”

      “Wow”

      “What?”

      “It’s just that when you were crying, you looked younger than me, but now,” she looked at him up down, “u look older.”

      “Oh. How old are you?”

      “Just turned five two weeks ago, so I’m five,” she said proudly.

      “I thought you were younger.”

      “Nope, but people say that sometimes.”

      “Oh, happy birthday?”

      “Thanks,” she smiled.

      “Your welcome,” he bowed down, and smiled back. Daniela giggled.

      “Um, I don’t want to sound rude but why were you crying?”

       “Um because, I was trying to learn how to skate, and I fell a few times,” he showed her his bruises, from far away they looked harmless, but up-close it looked really bruised and painful, red and purple all over his arms.

       “That must hurt… a lot”

       “Yeah”

       “Maybe I can teach,” she offered.

       “Really? Cuz that would be awesome! I saw u skate earlier and I thought you were amazing!”

       “Really?”

       “Yeah, I mean those moves were really hard to copy and you’re an expert, I bet.”

       “Yeah, I guess.”

       “So, will you?”

       “Will you what?”

       “Teach me how to skate.”