Mind Planet

_______

_______

PREFACE

This book had been a work in progress in my mind for two months and although I wasn't sure at the time what the end would look like or how the entire plot would go, I had made the cover and everything needed to make a story besides the story itself. But then, on the 24th of February, 2021, I decided to give the ONC 2021 a try even though I have a very strong feeling I will go over the word count and a quote that was serving as a prompt brought to live an entire story that I share with you this day. The main character is damaged in ways that may not be noticed at first glance or even at all but she is and much like people of this day and age, she is an expert at hiding with a process in this novel known as the extraction process. {Snippet:- It's a psychological technique of burying unpleasant memories then heating them up in your brain until they become too chemically changed to be remembered accurately}. In conclusion, this book has gone through a long process to be formed because dystopian sci-fi isn't exactly my genre but I can only hope the world I have created in my mind will manifest in yours as something different and something beautiful.

~ May Dahlia

_______

• • •

_______

EPIGRAPH

'All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.'

~Edgar Allan Poe

_______

• • •

_______

SYNOPSIS

Trapped in a cancerous dream.

#ONC2021 Prompt 32:- 'All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.'

The universe is being wiped away by a plague of unknown origin and no matter how many tries are done, no one seems able to understand the 'why', the 'how', but more importantly, the 'what to do'.

It takes one man with eyes wide enough to see beyond true science, one child with a mind wondrous enough to save an entire civilization, and one girl hardened enough to break down for something she never could have imagined possible, to help the planet; Nigale but it is going to take more than just the three of them to save it.

~.~.~.~

Naomi Vaynderin has been a loner for too long in her life. Having been born into a world of corruption and pain, she was forced to learn the hard way how to take care of herself. She didn't have the capacity to care for anyone else and the fact was made clear by the career path she chose. In a system where no one was guaranteed a life expectancy rate above 30, it was herself first and no one else.

This all changes when her safe house is discovered by government officials and she is captured and held in a facility that reveals more to her than she could ever have known.

'A disappearing tower that possessed more energy than an entire nation, a cult group of scientists fighting against the corrupt governance and a planet whose science had yet to be understood', Naomi could tell already that she was in for the mission of a lifetime.

First published:- February 25th, 2021.

_______

• • •

_______

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This work is a product entirely formed from the author's imagination and it was written purely for the purpose of entertainment.

Any offensive relation to any individual; whether living or dead or actual events are purely coincidental and it is not the intention of the author to emotionally, psychologically, or physically hurt any individual who may come across her work.

This book is a product of many sleepless nights thinking up an entirely different world from the one we live in, and if you are an author or you've ever dabbled into writing then you would be able to tell how hard that is. I've put a lot of work and allocated a lot of my time into the production of this work so I kindly request that you respect that this book is solely mine.

This book is under copyright law and is protected on Wattpad by their copyright measures so any infringement shall be dealt with accordingly. Please note that the author does not condone any form of adaptations, translations, or documentation of her work unless stated otherwise and is equipped with the law to fight for her work.

 I have been polite in requesting but if I am alerted of any copyright infringement in any way or form, I will not hesitate to rain hell down on anyone responsible.

_______

• • •

_______

Dedication

This book is dedicated to my favourite person in the entire world. She has gone through so much that if she told me today that she wanted to just be terrible to people, I wouldn't blame her for half a second. She has been my entire family when I felt alone and she has served the role of being my dream world when the world didn't deserve me.

This book goes out to my amazing elder sister for all the love she has shown to me, all her comforting words, and most especially, her courage to stay smiling when the world gave her no reasons to do so. 

I love you more than words can express.

_______

• • •

_______

SOCIAL MEDIA

Follow me for updates.

@Itsmaydahlia

Wattpad | Inkitt | Pinterest | Instagram

@JustTalk

Youtube | Tiktok

_______

❤️ May.