𝐈𝐈

P R E V I O U S L Y

Once the laughter died, Luke nudged me, before
nodding towards Ariadne, signaling me to go to her.
And so I did.

➶︎ THE NEW GUARDIAN OFCAMP HALF-BLOOD !

CAMP HALF-BLOOD !

Perspective: Third Person

     THE CAMP WAS UNDER ATTACK. It had been a rough week for the campers. Not only was Thalia's tree poisoned, but Chiron—AKA Ariadne's nanny since birth in a nutshell—was also getting fired, only to be replaced by a douchebag named Tantalus. She could probably hear her heart get torn a bit by the news, considering since her mother—Hestia—dropped her off at Camp Half-blood since she was just a few weeks old, Chiron and Mr. D were the ones who technically raised her—though her mum likes to visit loads of times.

     After years and years of training, you would have thought that Ariadne Hearthstone was the most skilled fighter, yet that was not the case. Fighting did not come as a natural talent for her, so she had to train harder than most. ( Plus, she really didn't like to fight unless necessary anyways. ) She could not fight with a sword, like, at all,—last time she did, it was enough for anyone to swear to never allow her near a sword anymore— and daggers ( and guns ) weren't exactly her vibe, so it left her with one thing. Archery. She would like to think that she was pretty good at archery, though it did not come to her naturally at first. Ariadne was more of a defender—camp's last layer of protection may anything go wrong—and even though she was a fire user, she rarely used it to hurt others, only doing it when necessary. ( Perhaps that is why many underestimate her. )

     Something big is coming, my love, her mother had told her in a somber tone a few days before when she tended the hearth, I can sense a war brewing in the near future, you will have to defend this home when the time comes.

     Ariadne had questions, of course, but before she could ask her mother as to why she have said that, Hestia kissed her forehead and left, but not before leaving her daughter a little present.