022. Unusual Requests

Jillian gritted her teeth as she pulled the cloak that was over her shoulders tighter around her body, averting her gaze from the sea to stare around at the familiar ship she had once been held captive on - The Silver Hawk.

     "Why did you save my life?" She questioned in a low tone. "You could've just left me to die there, you know. What a waste of time."

     "They wouldn't have let you die, Swan. You should have realized that," Ramiro replied smoothly as he sharpened the blade in his hands.

     Jillian huffed in reply. "Right. The minds of men are sick. I'm very done with being kidnapped over and over again. It's getting so old."

     Her wounds had been patched up, and she had washed the blood and grime off her skin when she had gotten the chance. It felt amazing to be back in clean clothes.

      As she fell silent and stared out at the ocean once more, she saw the form of a massive great white gliding beneath the tides. It was the shark Ramiro was bonded to. Just by looking at it, Jillian felt uneasy.

     Sensing her discomfort, Ramiro raised an eyebrow. "He can't harm you from all the way up here, lass. No need to look so distressed."

      Blinking twice in surprise, Jill glanced over at him. "I'm not. I was just lost in thought once more."

     He leaned against the rail beside her, making her tense as he came close enough to touch.

     Raising an eyebrow, she moved slightly back and glanced away uncomfortably. What was he playing at? Was he trying to make her terrified again?

     She really had to find a way to exterminate men. They were really starting to scare her.

     "No need to be so tense, Swan," Ramiro began in what was almost a casual tone. She nearly bristled at the words.  

     "I have every reason to be," She said simply, averting her gaze.

     Silence washed over the air for what almost felt like seconds before the male spoke once more, ignoring her statement completely. "I have an offer for you - well, more like a request."

     Jillian arched a brow. "Oh? Do tell."

     Now what exactly was he planning? Dear Tellun, males were so irritating. Why couldn't they just leave her alone?

     She had a feeling he did not have any good intentions. He wanted something from her and she was definitely not planning on giving in.

     The male pursed his lips, staying silent for a moment before he spoke. "I want you to go to dinner with me tonight."

     To say Jillian was surprised would be an understatement.