Chapter 15{Book 2}

RIKKI

February 22, 2014 4:47 p.m.

"It's been over a week since they got kidnapped and we still have nothing," I groaned as I slammed my laptop shut. "Did you find anything?"

"Nope," said Kade as he closed his laptop as well. "This is getting ridiculous. I mean, someone should know where Troy's dang beach house is. It's not like it's supposed to be some big secret."

"Or maybe it is," my dad said as he walked into the kitchen holding a cup of coffee. "Maybe Troy didn't want anyone knowing where the beach house was so there would be any paparazzi or fans there. He probably didn't tell anyone where it was because or this whole kidnapping crap, too. He probably figured that he'd have to eventually use the beach house to hold hostages, so he didn't tell anyone where it was."

 "That's actually a really smart idea, Dad. How did you come up with that?" I asked. 

"Well, it's basically all common sense," Dad smirked. 

"You're not even nice," I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Mr. Roberts, who do you think would know where the beach house is?" asked Kade.

"I'm guessing that only the people really close to Troy would know where the beach house is. Probably his family, close friends, teammates..."

"Teammates?" I interrupted. "So you're saying that maybe some Flames players would know where the beach house is?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying," replied Dad.

"So we have to talk to some Flames players," said Kade. "Hey, they're in town today to take on the Huskies. Do you think maybe we could go to the game and hope that we'll run into someone who can take us to the Flames?"

"We should definitely go to the game, but I have a better way at getting access to the Flames," Dad said with a mischievious smile.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I need to make a quick phone call, so you two go get ready. The game is at six o' clock so we should probably be leaving soon. Come back down here in about a half hour and we'll leave." 

"Dad, are you sure that the person you know can get us access to the Flames players?" I asked unsurely. 

"I'm absolutely sure he can do that. Now hurry up, we need to be leaving soon," Dad said as he pulled out his cell phone and left the room. 

"Well, I suppose we should go get ready," said Kade. 

"Yeah, let's go," I replied as we headed upstairs to my room. 

***

"Man, these are really nice seats," Kade marveled as we sat down in Huskies Stadium.

"Yeah, they are," I agreed. We were only four rows up at center court on the first level. We could see everything happening on the court perfectly. "I can see everything that's going on." 

"There are perks to being the CEO of a big company," my dad chimed in. I rolled my eyes while Kade laughed. 

After a while, warm-ups began. Kade stared at all of the players intently, probably studying their form so he could improve his when he played in his own games. 

"You look pretty serious over there," I laughed as I jabbed my elbow into Kade's side lightly. 

"Oh, sorry, I'm just watching their form. I want to become a better player, so I thought that watching the pros closely would maybe help," Kade explained.