Chapter 2

PAST

PAST

Lovely held her mother's hand closely, as they made their way through the festival. It was Saturday the only time that lovely could spend some time with her mother. Her mother worked two jobs just trying to get by, mother always put lovely first in her life. As a single mom, it wasn't easy for her.

Lovely's father left the first day she found out she was pregnant.

Then she had to go through being at a shelter because her mother kicked her out of the house. Her father hated her after leaving the shelter, then she went to stay at her aunt's house for 2 years. Once she saved up enough money she moved out and got an apartment, just for her and her daughter. Despite not having much money her mother was contented.

They headed to the cream parlour. Taking a seat lovely sat on her mom's lap watching as other people went on the fun rides, she wasn't complaining at five she knew her mother's situation about money. Her mother getting some ice cream for the both of them was enough, to put a smile on her face.

"What flavour do you want honey?."Lovely looked up at all the delicious flavours there was vanilla chocolate strawberry and blueberry.

Blueberry sounded exciting to her she never tasted blueberry before, she smiled up at the woman who served the ice creams. "I'll have the blueberry one please." Lovely smiled brightly. "Wow very ambitious." The woman said smiling. "Yep I'm five years old I'm almost an adult."

Her mother laughed taking the ice cream, she gave lovely hers handing a napkin to her.

"Hold the napkin with the ice cream so it doesn't spill."

"Ok, mommy." She held her mother's hand and the ice cream in the other, it was her second time going to an amusement park. The first time she went she was so fascinated by the rides, especially the carousel. The way the horses danced alongside the rhythm was satisfying to her. "Hold on lovely someone's calling me."

Lovely licked the ice cream looking up at her mother listening to her talk.

"W-what do you mean he gets out of prison today!- "N-no I'm not living with anyone i-it's just me and lovely."

Lovely hid behind her mother as she saw a clown nearby, if there was one thing she hated it was clowns they always had some creepy smile printed on their face.
"Y-yes auntie I understand first thing tonight I'll pack our things and start moving again." Her mother cut the phone off lifting lovely up. "Look mommy I finished my ice cream all by myself!."

Her mother smiled kissing her forehead. "That's great listen sweetie we're gonna have to leave the amusement park ok and we're gonna go stay at grandma's for a few days." Lovely pouted feeling sad weirdly they were always moving from place to place and she didn't understand why. "Mommy why are we moving again?."