Naomi went home that day after it was announced that Mrs. Donna had gone back into a coma, with her head hung and she knew even before the evidence of it was registered, that things would never be the same.

    Upon getting home, Naomi found the TV in her parents' room on, and it was tuned to her favourite news channel. In an attempt to feel better, she left her school bag at the door then sat down to listen and watched in pure horror as her entire life went crashing to the ground. She recognized her parents as they were being wheeled into a van with a stretcher and the words that came from the reporter's lips were the very foundation of the hatred for reporters that would only grow as time passed.

    "At 0800 on this faithful day; the 23rd of February, K41E6, twelve thousand, six hundred and thirty-eight people have just been confirmed dead after an unnatural wave of natural gas poisoned the air and was left uncontained for over half an hour. The gas was first detected at the Department of Bizarre Affairs at 0750 but disregarded by those on duty and this negligence resulted in the death and maiming of over 15 000 civilians and non-civilians alike."

    "Among many, the well respected Governor Patrick Star was declared dead on arrival at the UCH hospital at 0857 and chief of police of the south region of Halinchi; Tom Jeremy was declared dead at 0950 at the military department of health and science. The entire state mourns over the loss of its people and many are angry as protests have begun not far from the airport with events of things quickly escalating."

    The lady paused to listen to whoever was sending her updates before continuing.

    "It seems the cause of death was not only from the contamination but also as a result of a plane crash. A plane which had been expected at 0700 from Ghadistern was also affected by the gas and it crashed to the ground after the entire airport has taken on lockdown protocols. Many were killed by the crash, explaining why some were maimed and ghastly injured while others showed only symptoms of gas poisoning. This is truly a horrific event that will be explained further after this short break."

    Then the screen went blank.

    Just as the TV had done, Naomi felt a heaviness on her eyelids as they closed then the world went dark and she was gone into a special realm, a dream within her mind.

~>~>~>~

Some Terms Used And Their Definitions:-

Mavelik Ocean:- The largest ocean in Nigale as of the fortieth {40th} century.

IUPAS:- International Union of Pure and Applied Sciences; this is more or less a union of scientists adapted from the original IUPAC and their role in this story is to be the epicenter of all science and research like how MIT is famous for being the best school for science.

K41E6:- In Nigale, the numerical system for counting the yearly revolution is different. To explain further, the centuries are denoted by K, derived from the Swahili word 'Karne', meaning century, K41, therefore, means the forty-first century, and the specific year is denoted by E, derived from the Swahili word 'Enzi', meaning era, E6, therefore, means the 6th year in the forty-first century. K41E6 can simply be translated to 4106. The system of counting days according to hours and months according to days and weeks remains the same in a sense and will be explained further when the time arises.

Department of Bizarre Affairs {DBA}:- A department tasked with monitoring bizarre or unusual things. It is the largest organization on the planet in the forty-first century because of the increase in unprecedented events around the globe.

Patrick Star:- to those who don't know is an indigenous character of the famous animation; Spongebob Squarepants and as someone who grew up with the theme song, I had to give him the role of a very important governor but this is the last you will hear of him until book 2.

South Region of Halinchi:- Halinchi is a state in the United States of Samurai {USS}, an original idea that doesn't appear to be one; consisting of 36 states and one capital. Halinchi is divided into the southern and northern regions because it is too large to be governed as one state but not big enough to be split into two states which why it will sometimes be referred to separately as the South Region of Halinchi and the North Region of Halinchi.

UCH Hospital:- The most qualified hospital in the South Region of Halinchi.

Ghadistern:- A country in eighth out of sixteen continents; Achte. Imagine Afghanistan and you'll have a very similar picture of what I'm trying to depict from that country.

Note:- Nigale is much larger in size than Earth so although it's a dwarf planet in comparison to others in its galaxy, Earth pales way more in comparison so don't get confused about the sixteen continents.

~•~•~•~

A/N:- Please note that requests based on other words that are confusing will be regarded with uttermost importance because I know I'm creating an entirely different world from the one we live in and it is understandable for it to be a bit confusing at the start. It gets more complex as time goes on so you have to keep up with updates or you might get lost.

Also, the map of Nigale will be available in the upcoming chapter five or ten but if you are or you know a graphic designer or animator, please be sure to let me know so he/she could help me out.

Please let me know what you think in the comments section down below and if you liked this, be sure to leave a vote, share this book with anyone you think might enjoy it, and add this book to your reading list while you wait for all fun events that are still yet to come.

~ May.