part x | rainy confessions

HIS DARK PUPILS, SCRALET EYES meet hers as he stands by the window, the curtains loudly fluttering against it, still less violent then the fire he knows she has in her.

Even if submerged she was with all the water around, he would know that skip of a beat when their eyes met for it was what she had waited patiently, even after the impatience of her heart.

Far she was like the stars, though he knew that shimmer in her eyes, the relief she felt and cause he knows her, he knows the rage she must have been encompassing inside her as if she was some raged queen ready to burn her own king as soon as he walks out his fort, even in the rain. But the king knows, she would rather, embrace him. He, still, is not sure as to what will the king do?

He chuckles, painfully, as he just keeps looking at her, eyes welling on seeing her so vulnerable cause of him. She must be pale and weak, deprived of warmth yet she stares at him, a warning he must walk down now.

"Are you going to leave me soaking here?" She yells from downstairs through gritting teeth as she stands off the wooden bench, her hands wrapped around her damped self. "you know," she swallows the growing lump in her throat, "I don't like rains."

He knows. She had told him this a lot of times but he had remembered it from the first itself.

She tilts her head higher up, making the drops fall directly on her face and then at him, again, feeling her body lose even the little warmth left, hugging herself closely.

He swallows. He doesn't miss how her voice breaks and neither that it's because of him it's breaking in the first place, and in less than a second, he rushes out of the room and is seen walking out the hostel door.

The storm is felt heavily on him now, when he is out in there, soaked in barely seconds of his exposure to the raging weather, shirt clinging close to his torso.

He blinks any water going in his eyes and walks to her who is now, at the brink of crying. Aira does not cries often so when she does, it hides in itself all the reasons she should have cried over but she did not.

She looks at him stern, disappointed and hurt as he walks to her, until they are only a step or two away and he pulls her by hand,
encompassing his fingers around her wrist tightly. "Let us go in." He says, avoiding everything he rather should not.

Before he could pull her with himself, she shakes her hand but could not get it out of his grip, she tries again while he patiently only waits for her to look up at him and when she does, he mouths softly the same words.

She swallows. "No!" She yells and then tries to shout again but her tone only softens, voice breaking, tears filling her eyes, "how could you leave me here?" She pulls her hand and he keeps on holding it, tighter.

She tries again but when failed, "It hurts", she sobs. He leaves her hand in an instant at the words, making her trip a few steps back and squeeze her eyes shut like she always does in danger, ready to fall. But before she would have, his hand wrap around her waist, and he pulls her to himself.

His heart beats in a rhythmic contortion while hers pick up a quick pace. She leans in, resting her forehead against his chest and he feels his guts twisting inside him. "My heart", she whispers and he swallows hard.

The water baths them together, dripping down droplets on the side stone path. She stands there like that and he wraps his other hand around her back and holds her by the shoulder, the first one tightening around her waist. "I know you are angry at me, but let us go in for now," he says softly and she pulls her head back just as much to look up at his face, still in his arms, eyes citing complains.