Chapter 103, The Sensory Beast

Start from the beginning

In this case, I felt so slow like a sloth compared to him. After delivering each attack, I was panting erratically and barely took any rest. I didn't know if his reanimated body can restore his chakra in some way, but I quickly omitted that possibility.

So as I kept the conflict between us ongoing, I couldn't help, but feel my mind wander to places.

If father was this strong, then how come a scumbag like Danzo succeeded in murdering him and mother?

Why?

Where was all this strength when I needed it most?

Why were both of them killed if they brought down the Tsuchikage into issuing a truce?

Why did I have to grow up wondering who they were?

The ice barrier...

It's like a seal that keeps me sane, but the more I stare back at his blue eyes that were surrounded by a black sclerae, the more this numbness began to deliberately fade into oblivion.

Just what will be left of me when this battle is over?

I try utilizing the red butterflies as I furiously teleport back and forth between time and space. He's in control of what he says, but his actions are clearly contributed to due to Kabuto, who in this case is the castor of this Jutsu.

His evident sensory skills put mine to shame. They're far more enhanced than mine. It's almost like he can anticipate my movements as if he owns the Uchiha's Sharingan. I'd vaguely hear the higher-ups praise someone nicknamed 'The Sensory Beast'.

It'd clicked right now that The Sensory Beast was none other than The Yellow Spark himself. They clearly gave him that nickname so it'd be some inside thing that only the higher-ups know about. It's a shame that I can't live up to their name, or 'The Hybrid' nickname I was given.

I could see that he was clearly holding back, since all he did in this state of consciousness was deflect my attacks. He didn't even try to counterattack me.

Was he testing me?

Does he want to see how far I've come when he was absent all this time?

Even my Sharingan seemed useless against him, that's how awesome he is.

Itachi was having a furious flame fight with my mother. An Uchiha vs Uchiha battle will result in nothing less than a flame show.

"Hanabi", father called out, making something alien inside me spark upon hearing my name come out of his mouth.

In response I swallowed the lump in my throat and stared at him when our battle came to an abrupt halt.

"Who's that?", he inquired while pointing at Itachi.

Oh...

"It doesn't matter, you're dead anyways", I respond blankly, releasing a breath from all the anticipation I mustered up.

Goodness...

"Well I guess I'll just have to find out", he smirked at me, before disappearing right before my eyes.

"W-wait!", I blurted out after him as I ran in Itachi's direction.

"Itachi watch out!", I yell out at the top of my lungs, suddenly earning my parent's attention.

My mother halted instantaneously and her lips parted a jar. Her actions were mirrored by my father as well. They both stood still as Itachi panted loudly while holding up his sword.