CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

     Nightmare gently placed his loved one's body in the center of the gigantic trunk and folded her hands atop of her crystal star necklace before answering, "Starlight would have never willingly hurt someone. After you accused her of wanting to cause me harm, she finally lost it after all those years of being silent. RAGE took over and she rampaged throughout the forest until her parents showed up to try to calm her down. They almost managed to succeed until I accidentally caught their attention; thus causing Raven to lose her grip on reality and lashing out. Since Salem and Batair were SOUL BONDED, when she killed her mother, she also, unintentionally, killed her father. At first, I blamed myself for their deaths but now I finally know who the real culprit is... you!"

    ❤︎RAVEN'S POV❤︎

    To say I was confused and mortified would be an understatement.

    I swear, just a minute ago, that I had died.

     Which I did.

      I am pretty much dead.

     But that doesn't explain the fact that I am staring at my lifeless body and have watched as the love of my life slaughtered  the whole town in a fit of RAGE caused by my death and that he had his brother by his neck; claiming that he's going to kill him. At first, I thought it was all a bad daydream and ran to try to console Nightmare when I saw him hunched over and sobbing but was proved wrong when I phased through him and my corpse.

    It's an odd feeling seeing your dead self with your own two eyes.

    I almost panicked if it wasn't for the tendril spouting from the anguished skeleton's back and the appendage going through my body. If it weren't for the fact that my lifeless self was in front of me and the pained wet screams of a familiar rabbit behind me, I would have thought I died again.

    If that were possible

    Can you be double dead?

    Anyways, one thing led to another as more screams could be heard; the white ground became decorated in monster dust, blood, and mangled bodies. If I was able to, I would have emptied my stomach at the sight.

     "𝗠𝗲?! 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝘂𝗹𝘁?!"

     I was snapped back to the present as I focused my gaze to the two Guardians in front of me. Nightmare's change of appearance still has me worried; was this caused by eating the apples from the sacred tree? What about his behavior?

    No.

    His change of personality was because of my death...

     The apples only amplified his metamorphosis because he was doing fine before I died.

     All because of fucking Terrence ruining everything.

     If that damned rodent hadn't pulled that stunt, none of this would have happened!

     But I don't regret sacrificing myself for Nightmare because I would do it again.

     "If you weren't so blind and oblivious to what was happening around you, none of this would have happened! But, no, you had to constantly leave me alone and vulnerable to spread positivity to a town that was using you! They made sure to have your attention so the others could have a go at insulting me and throwing rocks at me! Then they started telling you rumors regarding Raven and her family! Outcasting and ostracizing them when all they were doing was trying to live in peace!"

    I felt my nonbeating heart clench as tears fell from my cheeks from all those hurtful memories of what my family and I had gone through. The townsfolk had always feared and hated us because we were different; thus always giving us problems by increasing prices on items such as clothes, to sneaking into our area of the forest and destroying Mama's vegetable garden, and then not paying Papa the right amount for the furs he sells from his hunts.  Then, there were a few times where I was beaten by a variety of people of all ages just for being near them; being called monster or freak. 

    Stars, how I hated them.

     I had Nighty to help me forget about all of those things...

     But now, I'm stuck watching the aftermath of not doing anything sooner.

    Maybe if I had done something, anything, would the outcome have changed?

     Sorrow appeared on Dream's face as yellow tears trailed down his cheekbones as he tried to reason with his brother, "𝗔-𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗿! 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀?!"

      I flinched at the mention of my name as I desperately wanted to scream or shout that I was here!

    It wouldn't have mattered, though...

    They can't hear me.

     I tried to before while trying to get Nightmare's attention...

    I hate this...

     Why am I here?!

    Shouldn't I have passed on already?!

     I let out a sniffle as I thought of the positive Guardian's question:

     Would I have wanted this?

    I want to say no but deep down I know that isn't true.

    I want this whole world to burn at my feet.

* This chapter was inspired by the song Dancing with Your Ghost by No Resolve. Since I thought it would have been cool to see how Raven felt about this situation as a ghost. I have more plans regarding Raven and Nightmare but you, readers, will have to wait till then end of this book.

Sorry not sorry!

I hope everyone is fairing well on these hard times and that you stay safe.

BeanZ96 out~ (●'◡'●)ノ